Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halfway Cross the Country: From Texas to Virginia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halfway Cross the Country: From Texas to Virginia!

I guess you could say our story is similar to many others! But I'll share it anyways and try and embellish on things I think are special .

This seems to be a bit longer than some of the ones i've read so I'll provide a tl;dr! haha :
    Guy Texas, Gal Virginia. Met while gaming. Lots of talking. Very happy!

Well I(the guy) live in Texas, and my lovely partner(the gal) lives halfway across the country in Virginia, and we met on an FPS game! A few months back, an old friend of this game invited me back to play, and since college finals were just ending and summer was just starting, I obliged since I knew I would have plenty of time on my hands to kill. He invited me on to Ventrilo, a 3rd party program that is used for voice communication. Now we both had been playing this game for multiple years, so I had spoken to her briefly here and there over this expanse of time, but this was the first time I had ever had the pleasure of having a full conversation with her. I can still remember my thoughts vividly to this day. I instantly thought her voice was so mesmerizing and I completely fell in love with her laugh, her giggle (oh especially the giggles, they're to die for!), heck even her sneezes haha! I thought her personality was out of this world, she was hilarious and very peppy! Of course I wasn't sure if she liked me back, so I kept my cool and tried to be subtle about it (of course she caught every small detail as I later found out hahaha). After about a week, our mutual friend (the one that invited me to come play), got tired of my subtlety and the fact that I was talking nonstop about her, and told her that I liked her. When i found out, of course, I flipped, but nothing seemed to change except for that she seemed to be more open to talking!

After a couple more days of Kiking, I finally asked her for her phone number and we ended up talking on the phone! We had lots of fun laughing and telling stories, but I still didn't tell her myself that I liked her (I was so nervous!). It wasn't until one awesome Sunday morning that things got moving. Now if anyone has watched How I Met Your Mother, they might understand the reference "Nothing good happens after 2 A.M." Well I tell you, one of the best things that's ever happened to me happened after 2 A.M. haha! After talking for hours, we were both very tired, but at around 5 o'clock in the morning, in my sleep deprived state, I somehow let is slip that I was crazy about her. To my delight, I was met with the response that she liked me too! Eventually we both completely crashed, and I ended up waking wondering if what happened that previous "night" had actually happened, and of course, it had! Woohoo haha! The next couple months were filled with nights of gaming together, followed by hours of nonstop talking on the phone, only broken by her trip to Colombia. Of course it was difficult to not be able to talk to her, but the relationship only grew and its been an ongoing amazing ride!

Things have died down a bit, but the undeniable love we have for each other is still there! I have the pleasure of falling asleep to her beautiful voice each night and/or looking into her eyes as we both fall asleep on webcam! I'm sure there will be troubles and hardships down the road but together, we know we can make it!
    Last edited by martiwinn; July 26, 2013, 11:44 PM.
Working...
X