This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best friends

When I was 14 I met my best friend, Lucien. I always had a feeling that he liked me, and my mom would tell me that we would end up dating some day. But I was seeing someone else, so we remained friends. When I was 16 my ex broke up with me and Lucien was the one who got me through it. A few months later I started to see him as more than a friend, so I asked him out.
    Our relationship in high school was not easy. Our mutual best friend did everything she could to push us apart and at the beginning of our senior year, Lucien's family was evicted and they were homeless for about 4 months. During all this he almost didn't even bother filling out his college app to MIT, but I made him, and it's a good thing he did because a few months later he was accepted into the best school in the country. However, there was no way his family could afford for him to go unless he got the scholarship to go with it. I remember feeling guilty because there was a part of me that hoped he wouldn't get it just so I wouldn't have to see him go, but he had always been incredibly smart so of course he got a full ride scholarship. When he told me he said that he wasn't sure if he was going to go, of course I told him that he had to and that I would wait for him since I was staying in California for school.
    After graduation I helped him pack and my family put together a huge going away party for him. I knew it would be difficult but after he left but I miss him more than I ever could have imagined. We try to FaceTime as much as we can and we got the Couple app on our phones, but with the 3 hour time difference and our busy college schedules it never seems like there is enough time. There were a few moments where I didn't know if I could take it anymore. But here we are, he just left this morning after the best summer of my life to go back for our 2nd year of college. Next month is our 3 year anniversary and even though I miss him terribly I can honestly say I've never been happier.
Working...
X