Exchange Student falling in Love. USA - Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange Student falling in Love. USA - Germany

Hey guys, my name is Sarah I am 17 years old and I was an exchange student in the United States. Last year in August I finally flew all the way across the ocean and ended up in Nevada. School started and he was in one of my classes sitting right in front of me. We never talked before January, but he told me he always thought I was cute and wanted to talk to me, he was jsut scared. Once he over came his fear he asked the teacher to let him sit next to me and that's how we finallt ended up talking. I liked him from the first moment. I didn't even know him but he made me cry from laughing so hard.
    Then we started talking on facebook, texting and hung out a few times. His friends started teasing him and kept telling him to take my hand. That's how we started talking about our feelings, I still remember perfectly when he came over to my host families house and we both were too shy to say anything, so we wrote everything down and started dating. It's a different way to star dating, but it was the cutes way I could imagine.
    Time flew by and we did so much together! We spend every minute we could together, knowing that in June I would have to go back to Germany. It was scary thinking about it but we figured something out...After my parents suggested it to me I took him with me on my flight back to Germany. It was the best thing ever happened to me and the most amzing summer we both ever had. He lived with me for about 2 months and it was perfect. We both couldn't have been happier! Just 3 weeks ago he had to go back though and that was the hardest thing we both ever did, so much pain and sadness! Now 3 weeks later we are doing pretty good I would say, we talk for a few hours every day, have trust and already got the ticket to bring him back here. We can't wait, it will be so nice to be able to be with him again! By that time we will almost be dating for a year. I am so excited!
    By the way I am new here and can't wait to read about similar stories and share experiences.

Welcome to LFAD!
    Your story reminds me a bit of my relationship with my SO
    My SO came out from Germany to study as an international student at my university for a semester. We became friends at first, but we quickly developed feelings for each other..and here we are almost 2 years later!!

How exciting that he will be coming back to see you! I'm wishing you the best

Comment

Thank you!! How often do you see each other? And do you already have plans where to live together eventually?

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Your story is very similar to mine. I met my SO while she was on exchange at my school last year. She was also from Germany. I, too, was like your SO at first: too shy to talk to her. When we finally spoke to each other we became very good friends. I remember at school some of my friends were teasing me and saying that there was something going on between me and her. This made me realize that I had feelings for her. When I told her how I felt, she initially rejected me and told me that she wanted us rather to be friends. This caused tension between us and we never spoke for about a month before we were finally able to forgive and forget. Soon, however, she started developing feelings for me and I noticed this when she started showing me affection I.e. holding close to me, holding my hand, etc. We're very close to each other. I even took her as my partner to my school's ball. Before she flew off back to Germany I took her to go see The Great Gatsby (a movie she really wanted to see).

We talk almost everyday to each other over whatsapp and we Skype at least once a month. I plan on visiting her sometime in June next year. She's also started planning to come visit again sometime in the future. I've also started writing a story for her about our time together while she was on exchange. I miss her terribly and think about her everyday

Comment

That's such a cute story! And yes there are similarities. I love to read about working LDRs so much! Makes me happy knowing we're not alone and that others managed it before!

Comment

This sounds a lot like my exchange sister Malene's story! She met a guy near the end of her stay in the United States and fell in love with him. She had the opportunity to extend her stay until partway into the summer, where their relationship continued to grow. Three years later, they are still in a long-distance relationship, but engaged to be married whenever she can make it back over to the States.

Comment

Originally posted by GermanyUSA View Post
                Thank you!! How often do you see each other? And do you already have plans where to live together eventually?
                We see each other every 4 or 5 months. And, no plans to CTD yet since we're both still attending university, but I'm hopeful for the future

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDoubt View Post
                  Three years later, they are still in a long-distance relationship, but engaged to be married whenever she can make it back over to the States.
                  That sounds awesome! There are actually quite a few exchange students that find their love in their host country and work out! Hearing that makes me so much more positive Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X