Look Beyond What You See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look Beyond What You See

Me and Brian met a few years back, at first he was just one of the guys in the group I hung out with, I would've never guessed that we'd be where we are now; I guess life's just funny like that. He asked me out when we were in 8th grade, but I said no cause I just got out of a relationship. It killed me to hurt him cause I did like him too, for some reason I just decided to go with my brain which said I need a break from guys. We drifted as high school started, I had a couple boyfriends and he had a girlfriend. In 10th grade we had math class together, which re-sparked our connection. As the year went on we got closer, we shared relationship problems with each other and gave advice. His girlfriend hated me because I was close to Brian. Months passed and we were both out of our relationships, but still healing from the scars. We helped each other out though, like a good friend would. It was pretty obvious our friendship had grown in to something more... We spent some more time as friends, he was scared to admit he liked me cause he didn't want to get rejected by me, again. Plus, we both knew I was moving at the end of the summer. I decided that even though I was moving, I wanted to take the leap of faith. So I confessed my feelings and we started going out. It was so easy, just simply bliss, which was new for both of us. My plan originally was to go back to being friends when I left and that there was no point in an LDR, I didn't even think I would get that attached to him. God, was I wrong. We fell in love as the summer went on. When July 25th came, it was time to say our good-byes and for me to move to Oregon, 2579 miles away. I'll admit I didn't have faith that an LDR would work, but we decided to give it a shot. Its been a month since I've seen him... but we're actually managing so far. At our age, yeah most people would say "you guys are just teenagers, it'll never work!" But if iv'e learned anything through all my experiences, its that there's no guarantees in life; and everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, its not the end yet. <3

Such a sweet story. I wish you and your boyfriend all the best for the future ahead

Comment

Very touching. ♥ Thank you for sharing.

~

Comment

super cute story! <3

Comment

Very sweet!
          I don't think the fact that you're both teenagers means that it won't work out. Lots of people marry their high school sweethearts and get married and share their lives and grow old. If you both believe in your hearts that it will work, then anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
          X