Of Internet Forums and Snuggly Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of Internet Forums and Snuggly Things

So I figured I'd post my story. Some of y'all who remember me from the last time I was on this forum will know, but the story has continued and evolved since then.

So, I met my guy on Gaia Online when we were both very much into RPing. He and I were both coming out of really tough relationships and we both needed friends who weren't going to be judgmental. So we started talking. It became very evident after about 2 months that we both had feelings for each other. He told me he loved me and it took me a couple months to tell him that back. We talked every night through the entire summer, sometimes voice chat, sometimes video, mostly just text. He didn't go for anyone else even though we weren't officially together because he knew he wanted to be with me.

About a year after that, I got a job and was able to make enough money to make a trip up to Canada to see him (I live/lived in Texas). It was my first time meeting anyone from online and I was so nervous. He picked me up at the airport. I had butterflies in my stomach and he went in for a kiss while I went in for a hug. Awkward. He kissed my cheek instead of my lips and bought me some Tim Horton's. We went to the hotel room, after, that he rented and there we had our first kiss. I spent a week and a half up there before returning to Texas. About a week later he asked me to be his girlfriend. I came up to visit him again that Christmas (in 2010) and he introduced me to the majority of his family.

While we were apart things were hard, but I managed to get accepted into a university near him and he came to see me at least once a month while I was there. It made me so happy. ^^ He came down with me that year (2011) to meet my parents and grandmother and brothers. Unsurprisingly they all really liked him. Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay in Canada after that school year, though. I had to return to Texas because of issues US Financial Aid was having with Canadian universities. With no funding, I had to leave.

So I worked my butt off, got a publishing contract, and tried to move up this summer. I couldn't find a way to and had to move back after living three months with him. He's graduating in April of next year (so at the end of this school year) and we're planning to get engaged/married after that. Now I just gotta find a way back up.
Working...
X