Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made to be Together!

Hello all,

My name is Briawna and here is my LDR story: I met the love of my life on a dating site on September 20, 2012. I had just gotten out of a relationship 3 months ago which was HORRIBLE!! My past relationship was very rocky, my ex was a compulsive liar and he cheated on me! I felt like there was no hope of finding love again, and from that point on I put a barrier up and was not going to let anyone through. Come September I began thinking, "I've been dating local guys, why not try another approach." On September 16, 2012 I joined a dating site. Men were sending me many messages and comments on my pictures but none of them really impressed me, until I came across my boyfriend Jarrett's page on September 19, 2012. His page really sparked my interest. The only problem was he lives in Chicago, IL while I live in Vancouver, WA. So I sent him a message introducing myself and saying that I would love to get to know him. About 2am that night Jarrett responded back asking if I wanted to talk. I wanted to talk but at the same time I was tired, so we arranged to Skype the next day. Before Jarrett and I Skyped I was super nervous because in my mind I was thinking," Is he going to look like his picture? Will he like me? Will he be like my ex?" I was still hurt over my ex, but I wanted to get over him and move on. When Jarrett and I Skyped it was magical! He was a gentleman and I could tell he had a genuine heart, he made me laugh, and he was very handsome. We shared the same characteristics and he liked to do the same things as me and that's what I loved about him. Over the next couple weeks I was very shy with Jarrett and would not open up, while he was an open book. I was shy because I was afraid if I opened up I would get hurt again. Jarrett understood that and he was patient with me. As the next month passed I began opening up with Jarrett and we grew closer and closer to each other and we made it official! When the months go by, Jarrett and I began getting a anxious about meeting face to face. On April 5, 2013 Jarrett came to visit me for a couple days. When I saw him walking towards me, it was like we were the only people in the airport. I cried when he left but then I remembered this won't be the last time seeing him...and it wasn't. We saw each other again in July and celebrated our birthdays together. I have had the best times of my life with Jarrett! A year a month together and we are still going strong! I can honestly say we were meant to be together<3

This is a really lovely story! Makes me think back to that moment meeting my man for the first time at the airport as well. Such a nerve wracking experience, but the best feeling in the world! Anyway, welcome to LFAD, and best of luck with your relationship

Comment

Thank you so much! Good luck with your relationship as well

Comment

Working...
      X