Finally Happy <3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Happy <3.

Hi guys! I've been posting around about my SO and I, but had yet to post our full story.

Around 6 or 7 months ago, I was staff on an online video game (I do computer graphics like pixel art), and was Skyping with a few regular players. When you're staff, you can go on 'Stealth' mode and follow players around without them knowing. My SO had a reputation in our game community of being a comedic/entertaining guy, and as a joke, I started stalking him in Stealth mode. I told the players I was Skyping with, and they messaged him, telling him and totally blew my cover.

"Show yourself freak" he typed out. I un-stealth, and I ask if he wants to join our Skype call. After that, we realized we were pretty drawn to each other.

We're opposites in many ways. I'm a passionate person that is easily affected emotionally, while he is more firm and consistant with his emotions. He's not easily made awkward or embarassed, while I'm sensitive and guilliable. Yet we're both witty (if I don't say so myself hehe) with a similar sense of humor. We're both deep thinkers. We're both perverted. And both of us just always have fun when we're around each other-- we know how to make the other person smile.

At first, I really couldn't figure out what I liked about him-- his jokes were funny but kind of cruel at times, and he talked about how he did drugs, which is typically a huge turn-off for me. He had said he was 16 and, since I had just turned 18, a relationship might cause all kinds of legal issues. Then, I also found out he had a girlfriend. I was still partially hurting from my first heartbreak last August, for a few weeks I decided to try to stop liking him. I was almost sure that pursuing him would lead to a friend-zone, heartbreak, or both.

Then, simultaneously, my SO and I take a week-long vacation-- him to California (where I come from-- he even drove past my area!) and I to Japan. Over my trip in Japan, I thought about him a lot. I realized that I was totally in love with him. When I got back, I could tell from our converstaion that we had missed each other.

About a month or two into being friends, his pipe and pot stash is collected and confinscated by his Boy Scout troop. He went through withdrawls and a couple months of horrible insomia-- unable to sleep for days upon days, causing hallucinations, hearing voices, and other effects. I did my best to be there for him through this; staying up late talking to him, listening to him, etc. Then, he intook a bunch of cough pills and went through an awful crash after the high. He was online in-game, and wouldn't talk very much, but when he did say anything, it was slow and often didn't make sense. I was really worried, and that night I stayed with him until he went to sleep, around 5-6 AM. My SO later tells me that after that day, he was really worried I would've stopped liking him. Yet, somehow I had started liking him more after that night. I still can't give concrete explainations why. Something about him made me care more and more. I wanted to help him, because I saw an amazing guy in him and drugs weren't part of who he really was. I was right, because sometime after this, he decided he wanted to quit drugs.

However, through all this, he still had a close distance girlfriend. In the beginning of August, my SO took a week-long trip to Austin, Texas, and said he wouldn't come online often. I was sad, knowing I would really miss him. We were up late the last day before he left talking to each other-- the entire day I was waiting for him to ask for my number, and when I think back to it, it was really silly that I didn't ask him. Yet, the Monday morning before he left, he leaves his mobile number on a group Skype chat, and I texted him something along the lines of "omg I thought you'd never give me your number", to which he responded something like "you said you didn't want to give me your number because my brother would send you ass pics" (it was a joke we had talked about in the past, but I didn't know he had taken it seriously when I had said that). We texted a lot-- I'm not a big texting type of person, so I had never texted someone so much! On a Tuesday or Wednesday, he tells me he broke up with his girlfriend. I was excited and felt liberated. We flirted even more than usual, and it was really fun; considering that a relationship between us seemed so bleak a couple months ago, I almost couldn't believe this was all happening.

Before he left Austin to come back to Arizona, we talked about the "duck face" that girls make on Facebook. He jokes, "lol, i'd love to see you do the duck face". "oh god, that would be so awful on a Skype video call" I respond, and right away he says "Ok when I get home, we're doing that." A few hours later, we had our first video call. It was amazing. I had saved all the pictures he had ever sent/shown me, but getting to see a livestream of him, and his smile, and his laugh, was really cool.

It was at least a week after our first Skype call that I couldn't hold it in any longer. I was in a student loundge, waiting for my next summer class, when I confessed to him over text. He confessed to me back-- and then, that whole day was weird. It was eerie, how quickly things changed between us. Suddenly, we weren't dropping playful hints and feeling giddy about flirts. After we knew that we liked each other, somehow that took the life out of the conversation for a while. I was worried, but things went back to normal after a day or two.

Two weeks after we had confessed, I was confused. I was sad, and frusterated. He hadn't asked me out yet-- this time, I really didn't want to ask him out because I wasn't sure if he wanted to, since I had been making most of the advances up to this point. Later my SO's best friend inboxes me in-game; this friend knows my SO in real life. He told me that my SO is actually 15 and wasn't a junior in high school; he was a sophomore. I was surprised, but it didn't bother me. I knew I was too in love with my SO to turn back now. On August 22nd, I asked my SO about the age on text, and why he didn't tell me. He admits that he was afraid that I would have stopped liking him. I told him that it didn't bother me and if he wanted to tell me something, he shouldn't be afraid because we were a team. Then, he tells me; "Well, since that's out of the way; would you like us to be officially dating?" I was so excited, I nearly forgot how to spell 'yes'.

It's been an amazing journey since we've started dating. I love him a little bit more every day. He's clean from drugs-- it was discussed that our relationship wouldn't work out if he started drugs again. He has also been working harder at his grades. Last year, he got mostly D's and C's-- this year, he's moving into C's and B's. We fully support each other for everything and always express our love for each other. Of course, we've only been dating for 2 months, and there are probably many obstacles besides the distance that await us-- but I had been depressed for a long time, thinking I would never find a man that really loved me. And yet, today my SO tells me all the time about what he admires in me and finds cute about me. I'm so happy I've found someone that understands me on a deeper level and knows how to keep me happy. I feel lucky that he appreciates me as much as I appreciate him.

I can't wait until we meet in person for the first time. It's a milestone we have yet to complete. Even though the drive is only about 6 hours, I don't have my car with me at my college dorm. He also can't drive. Looking farther into the future, he also seems to intend to go to college in California, so it seems quite possible he'll apply to mine, and we may be able to close the distance from there. Hehe, what a dream that is.

If you've read this far, thanks a lot <3 It means a lot to me. Thanks again for reading my gushed little love story; I hope you have a fantastic day.

Such a cute story! I hope ya'll are able to meet each other soon. The first time meeting is always wonderful!

Comment

Awww what a beautiful story! This first time meeting your SO is such an amazing experience. Good luck with your relationship

Comment

Thanks a bunches guys!! <3

Comment

Working...
        X