Married to our jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Married to our jobs

My husband and I have been together for 2 1/2 years... The first year we were both busy with work(me) and school(him) we quickly became engaged.
    He finished school and got a job in a state 800 mi away, and left in June. I was committed to my job through December so I stayed behind.
    We survived and eloped as soon as I joined him. He then got an incredible training opportunity 1000 mi away. We're now in phase 2 of our LDR for the next 4 months.
    Our relationship is strong and we are both loyal.
    My only gripe is I'm living in a new city, with no friends. How do I find myself here? What can I do to get settled on my own without having to put my life on hold until he returns? I work with kids so making friends is hard. I work and go home. I'm losing my mind!
    Any advice is appreciated!
    Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Getting out and trying new activities might help you meet friends. You could take a class for a new hobby, join a gym, find a place of worship, just get out where others are. I hope you find some new friends soon. Good luck.

Comment

I agree with piratemama, find an activity you like (or if there already is something you used to do before you moved, perfect) and then find a group where you can join to do this activity together. I'm pretty sure this is the easiest way to find people you get along with. Or maybe see if there is a facebook group about something you like for your area and start getting in touch with people there, that also can be helpful, if you're shy about going somewhere alone.

Comment

Working...
      X