The Pilot and the Journalism Student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pilot and the Journalism Student

Hey everyone! I actually already had our story published here when I joined several years ago, but I deleted my old account last year and I just created a new one. So good to be back!

Michael and I have been together for almost seven years. We actually grew up in the same hometown, where I still live, in Georgia. We have known each other since we were preteens playing soccer for our rec teams; never on the same team, always against each other Michael and I began dating during the summer before I started high school; I was 14 and he was 15. I was so excited to have a boyfriend that was already in high school! Silly, I know, but back then it seemed like a huge deal. Three years later when Michael graduated he moved to California with his parents, and I was left to finished my senior year without the love of my life there with me. We were both scared but never even thought of breaking up. Now we are four years into the distance and our relationship is stronger than ever. I am so thankful for what the distance has taught us. Michael is pursuing his dream of becoming an airline pilot, and I know this is our training for the pilot-family lifestyle as he will be gone most of the time once we are married. I am ready to close the distance, but I know we are going to survive it as long as it takes for that to happen.

I look forward to reuniting with my LDR friends on here and making some new ones!
    Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
    Old account name: Rach92g
    This Is Us
    Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
    Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
    Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
    Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
    Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
    Closing The Distance: ?

It seems like you have some valuable experience to share with us. Four years is a long time to be apart and make a relationship stronger. Distance does teach you a lot, doesn't it? I hate the distance with my SO, but I do see it is helping us to build a strong foundation for our relationship. There are good moments to it.

It's good to see you on the forum, and I can't wait to hear about some of the lessons you've learned. I need all the help I can get!

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
      It seems like you have some valuable experience to share with us. Four years is a long time to be apart and make a relationship stronger. Distance does teach you a lot, doesn't it? I hate the distance with my SO, but I do see it is helping us to build a strong foundation for our relationship. There are good moments to it.

It's good to see you on the forum, and I can't wait to hear about some of the lessons you've learned. I need all the help I can get!
      Thanks so much! We have definitely had our fair share of hardships but have always powered through. It's so worth it. I am ALWAYS here to help. Anyone is welcome to PM me anytime they need something. I love sharing my experience with others because I know I have a lot to give.
      Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
      This Is Us

Comment

back!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
          back!
          Thank you!!
          This Is Us

Comment

Working...
          X