Coincidence and Perfect Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coincidence and Perfect Timing

I supposed I've been around a decent amount of time and I should share our story

I decided to make an account on a forum site called GoLiveWire after being bored one night and coming across it on google. I noticed someone had posted something and I wanted to reply, but had to join in order to do so, so I did. I quickly got into the whole forum thing and made some friends, then I made my first new thread.
    Within a few minutes I got dozens of replies, and a private message. The private message was from a guy telling me he agreed with my post while everyone else seemed to go against it. We quickly started talking and realized we enjoyed all the same music, and we both liked the same sports. It was getting late and I decided to head to bed after talking for 3 hours. He asked for my number and I hesitantly gave it to him.

The next day I texted him when I got home from school. I was 17 and a junior in high school at the time. When I asked he told me he was 21 (yikes! At the time I thought it was a big deal). I was so scared because he was so much older than me. I quickly shut down and got very nervous. Though I continued to talk to him. We shared more information about ourselves and he told me he had just gotten out of a pretty bad relationship a month prior to us meeting. What a coincidence I thought, me too! We expressed that we both weren't ready for a new relationship yet.

We continued to talk for a few days, then one night he asked if we could call. I was SUPER nervous because I'm very shy on the phone and he was a complete stranger! I gave in and he called me. The call didn't last more than 3 minutes then we went to bed. The next day after school I rushed home and agreed to call him again. We spent two hours just talking about music on the phone! I knew he was cool.

About 2 weeks later we were talking and seemed to get into a disagreement about something, though I don't remember what exactly, but I couldn't believe I was arguing with someone I just met a few weeks prior! Then it happened.... He said it.... he said he LOVED me! 3 weeks in and his exact words "I love you Sarah. Did I just say that, yes I did. I love you". I was scared, this guy I hardly knew said he loved me! I wasn't worried about the "love" part of it because I believe people make it more than what it is. There's nothing wrong with telling someone you love them. But I didn't know him! We decided to continue to just stay friends since we both weren't ready for a relationship.

A few weeks later on the phone I decided to figure out what was going on. So I asked him, "I know we planned on being just friends, but what are we? Do you want more?" He said yes. "I would like that if you want to". It was official. We had made it official about a month after we met. It's funny though, we don't remember the date we made it official. We only remember the date that changed our lives. April 21, 2013.

Awwwwww, nice story
    I wish you best of luck guys

Comment

Stay in love Sarah!
      Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Working...
      X