The German and the Kiwi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The German and the Kiwi

Hey I'm Rebecca. My SO Natalie, (Nani on the forum here) sent me an email this morning and told me that I should post our story instead of her since she likes how I write (I prefer how she writes myself,hehe). So now I will attempt to write our story. For both of us, we have never had a seriouis relationship before this. And we didn't go looking for it either. I remeber the first time we starting typing to each other. It was September 3rd 2009, and it was on LiveJournal. For those who don't know, LiveJournal is an online blog community kind of thing. Anyway, we were both part of this online community there on LJ based around this couple from this Spanish tv show we both watched online called Los Hombres de Paco. The community was focused around the pairing of Pepa and Silvia, and members used to (and still do, although I don't go there much anymore) post their on fanfiction stories, or their views on episodes, or articles, photos etc relating to the topic. It was on one of these fan fic stories that me and my SO met, through the comments section, where people talk about the story and how much they like it etc. Natalie and the author were having a discussion in the comments section and then I added my 2 cents, hehe, and me and Natalie ended up typing the rest of the night, and the next day. From then on we were in contact every single day.

Around the end of september, we decided to call each others cellphones and leave messages so we could hear each others voices. I still have her message on my phone. Her accent is so strong on it! And I love it. Natalie is half German and half American. She is 22 and has spent about the last...18? or so years living in Germany after leaving the USA when she was younger with her mum, so her accent is a little mixed (I love it!!). I remember being so nervous leaving my first message on her cellphone and she sounded so nervous in hers! I still have it and listen to it every now and again.
    After weeks of typing, I decided that maybe I could start doing voice recordings for her, and we got into quite a routine of recording little messages to each other, sometimes an hour long each. And then that grew to skype calling. We found that we could talk for hours, and I spent a fair few nights just up all night talking to her on skype, which did lead to me falling asleep in my uni lectures. xD. But I realise early on that we had a special connection. Sure I can tell my friends most things, but I felt that with Natalie I could tell her everything, it just felt natural to tell her everything about myself. I was wary at first, after what you are always told about people on the interent not being what they seem. But I knew that she was who she said she was I just knew.

In october it was my 20th birthday and she sent me a lovely package with a sweet card and german chocolate and also a mouse pad with a sweet "missing you" type message. Looking back on our texts and messages and everything it is so easy to tell that we had feelings for each other right from the beginning although we didn't admit it. We used to tell each other how much we missed each other, and how we would be upset if the other met someone in their own city, or their own country! I never thought anything would come of it, due to the distance -I had never believed in relationships like this, that met online and from other countries before. But I remember texting Natalie once in McDonalds when I was with one of my good friends Jeena, and Jeena noticed the smile on my face and bugged me about it for ages! But I didn't tell her who it was as well I didn't know how to tell her that there was this other female who was making me happy. But in the end it came out when I was with her and my other friend Shanella who already knew about my possible attraction to the same sex. I still remember that conversation really well, they asked if Natalie was my girlfriend and I said "no! how would that work, she lives in Germany!" and I expected them to be against it but they didn't seem too fazed by it, they just said that "it might not be for us, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for others". I think shortly after that me and Natalie both admitted on recordings that we "had a crush" on each other, hehe. And by the end of November we had made it official as on 30th of November. But even before we shared out true feelings Natalie was already planning her trip to visit me, and that went ahead from the end of January to the end of February, for 5 whole weeks! I was on summer break and only had work on sundays, and a few fridays so we had lots of time together. She met my friends, when to two of theirs shared birthday party and was included in everything. She met my parents, my grandma, my aunt and uncle, my sisters. She met almost everyone important to me.

I remember about a week after she arrived there was there was the big horse races event, and we were at the station with a huge group of friends, maybe 15 of us? And my friend shanella pulled me aside and said "I approve!" with a smile on her face which really made my day. And it turns out that while we didn't hold hands or anything around these other people a lot of them worked out we were a couple just by some strange vibe we must have been setting off, but everyone has been supportive, and still is! Thankfully
    So yes she was here for 5 weeks and she hired out this little holiday house that I recommended to her and I basically moved in there with her. It was the best feeling ever to be able to fall asleep in her arms, to shower with her, to just be with her, living with her together. Going grocery shopping, driving around, just really things that everyday couples get to do all the time. Spending 5 weeks together like that just made me realise how perfect we were for each other, and how well we were together in person.

Since she went back to Germany it has been very hard not being able to fall asleep with her and do all those things again. To touch her soft skin and just everything! But I know I will get to see her again and experience all that again for 6 whole weeks when I go to germany in 3 months time. All I know is that I found the person I am meant to be with. I didn't go looking for her, but I found her just like that. And I couldn't be happier. I love her so much! :o) she is my everything.

And this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo LONG! I'm so sorry :S

such a sweet story! i actually read it all ^^
    you guys look great together :P

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly-x View Post
      such a sweet story! i actually read it all ^^
      you guys look great together :P
      I'm impressed that you actually read the whole thing! Well done
      Aw, and thanks!

Comment

I agree. I've read the entire thing and its a really cute story! Congrats on finding your one =)

Comment

Aw, thank you for writing our story, gorgeous! I loved reading through it. Brought back so many good memories. I love you.

Comment

Such a nice story, sounds like you've found your soulmates

Comment

aaww so cute ^___^

Comment

i read it all as well and its a beautiful story

Comment

Awh I loved it... =]
                  Although this distance breaks my heart,
                  And it's unbearable when we're apart,
                  I know that it will all be fine,
                  As my heart is yours,
                  And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Originally posted by JoMarie View Post
                    I agree. I've read the entire thing and its a really cute story! Congrats on finding your one =)
                    aw thank you

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                    Such a nice story, sounds like you've found your soulmates
                    Yes, soulmates! thanks for thinking so

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                    aaww so cute ^___^
                    Thank you

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                    i read it all as well and its a beautiful story
                    Thanks for thinking so!

Originally posted by Emma-Louise View Post
                    Awh I loved it... =]
                    Aw thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                      Aw, thank you for writing our story, gorgeous! I loved reading through it. Brought back so many good memories. I love you.
                      It brought back many memories! made me miss you a bit more than usual last night though. Aw. <3 Love you too. xx

Comment

Very sweet! =)
                        This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

I love this! you guys sure sound in love. such a cute story. I can tell you guys will have a long future together.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie.CanCali View Post
                            Very sweet! =)
                            Thank you that's very nice of you to say.

Originally posted by DropkickDisco View Post
                            I love this! you guys sure sound in love. such a cute story. I can tell you guys will have a long future together.
                            Thank you for saying so! and for thinking that about our future I am looking forward to my future with Natalie

Comment

Super cute story

Comment

Working...
                              X