One Magical Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Magical Night

I have this story to share, I hope you like it.

I remember when my kids would go to camp during the summer and feelings of home sick would cross their minds. I came up with a way that I thought may help bring the distance closer. Before my daughter would leave I told here to look up every night in the sky at the same time and look at the moon; I would do this at the same time. The point is, I told her, for that moment even though we may be over a hundred miles away we would be looking at the moon at the same time. I said we could say I love you then and good night.

One night I told my sweet Chas about what me and the kids use to do when they would be off to camp about the moon and he thought that was so sweet. Then one night (my night) living in Vancouver, Washington and his early morning living in St Austell, Cornwall UK he said I see the moon. I said, Really? He said, yea can you see the moon? I went out to take a look but it was fogged in. Then a few days later, I said hun I see the moon. He said aw darn it's stormy It was during the winter months and the UK coast has been having really bad storms, so trying to make this work was going to be a challenge. Then a few days later on my night call to him when he was on his way to work he said, babes I see the moon, I said that's nice thinking it was pointless to go look. However I could not stand it so I got up and went to take a look. I was amazed when I looked, becasue the sky was bright and clear and in my southern sky was a very fine but bright sliver of a moon. I was so happy it brought tears to my eyes and I had like goosebumps all over. I could not believe that over 7,000 miles apart on two different days me and my sweetheart was seeing the same thing at the same time!! I felt like a little kid. I could hear it in his voice to as he giggled. It did not stop there, I said if you look up to the left do you see that bright star? He said, OMG yes I do. I told him that was me shining down on him giving that I sent him a wish and he should blow a wish back.

This is the picture of the moon we saw at the same time taken from my back yard in Vancouver WA. while he was sitting on the side of the road near the Eden Project in the UK. file:///C:/Users/Glem/Pictures/!cid_SSPX01591.jpg
    sigpic

Awwwww
    This is so cute. I also love what you did with your kids.

Comment

Thanks Ahava. Yes it works wonders for homesick kids from a distance. When my sweetheart in the UK heard of this I think it inspired him as well. He's a 61 year old who is not always a softy but he was like a kid when it came to seeing that moon with me. I am not sure how to post a picture. It said to send a link to send an image so that is what I did. I wish you could see that picture I took that night of that moon we both saw that magical night.
      sigpic

Comment

That is a sweet story. Thanks for sharing. You are lucky to have a romantic man. My SO will do things like that too, and he says he's not mushy-gushy! I love it, because it shows he's thinking of me, missing me, and loving me. I'll have to try this looking at the moon with my SO, too.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the picture; I've tried to post a picture before, too, and never figured out how.

Comment

Working...
        X