Full of little coincidences.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full of little coincidences.......

My boyfriend and I originally met at a wedding in late 2011. One of my very good friends was marrying a guy that I kind of helped hook her up with a few years earlier. So she wanted me in her wedding. She decided on a beach wedding with just a few friends and family.
    A few months prior to the wedding she asked me if I would be ok with walking with a certain groomsman because her other bridesmaid didn't want to walk with him. Apparently he hit on her a few years prior and she felt uncomfortable. I told her no problem and she assured me he was actually a pretty nice guy. He lives where they got married too. A couple of months before the wedding her other bridesmaid backed out after a fight, so she found another friend to take her place. She asked me if I wanted to switch groomsmen because I knew the other one but told her it was no big deal and we were already matched (color wise) appropriately anyway.
    The wedding came around and it was amazing and beautiful it was a great winter break from the midwest on a California beach. He was quite a gentleman, he had a date anyway. The reception began early and ended early with a lot of drunken groomsmen and bridesmaids and friends and family of the new married couple. I had a few drinks bought for me so I was very talkative and silly. Me and my groomsman talked amongst other people there as well. I found him attractive and funny, though I don't remember a whole lot. The night came to a close and really the last thing I really remember before getting back to the hotel was drunkenly running into the ocean. Lol.
    The next morning was a downpour of a day in sunny Cali and it took forever for everyone to get situated to go to breakfast. We met up with a lot of the friends from the night before and all had breakfast together. I didn't have much more conversation with my groomsman before heading back to where my friends and her new husband lives (a few hundred miles away). However we did add each other on FB the night before.
    So over a year had passed and we had a few comment related conversations on FB. I was still very much single but never really encountered the factor of being interested in him in that way only because we lived so far apart. Apparently, even though he was already crushing on me from the wedding, I threw him over into him liking me from a comment I made about wanting to finish school so I can start life and have babies. Lol. We are both in our 30's, mind you.
    He's from the midwest and actually, I went to high school with both of his brothers and I never even knew he existed until before the wedding. So he comes back to the midwest on occasion and he was coming back for the summer (2013) to work at his old job to save some money because he's also in college on the west coast. So we agreed we should hang out.
    We set up a day in June to hang out and although we were only planning on it being maybe 3 or 4 hours, it turned into over 8 hours and 95% of the day was spent talking about everything. Assuring each other that we should not give up on finding love just because we are getting older and have had crappy relationships. I think it was quite obvious to both of us that we really had a little crush on each other but distance kept things at bay. I didn't want to stop talking to him but I had to drive back to my college town that night so we headed seprate ways.
    We ended up hanging out at a friends bonfire a couple of weeks later and again just talked like crazy. I dropped him off at his friends house at the end of the night and hung out with them for awhile until around 6am. He told me later that he really wanted to kiss me that night but I'm glad he waited. It was a little awkward with slight intoxication on his part. =-p
    It wasn't until about 3 weeks later we had our 3rd hang out session. He met me at my lunch spot and we walked around the Union Station there and again......talked our heads off. The more we learned about each other the more we liked each other. After awhile we decided we wanted to go play mini golf but it was so hot out we went and grabbed a drink first before hand until it cooled down a little. I beat him in mini-golf =-)
    We had a late dinner at a pretty nice restaurant and closed the place down. At this point it was definitely turning into a date. I suggested going out to the lake and do some stargazing. One of my all time favorite summer time activities. So we laid out a blanket by the lake and checked out some stars. It was then he kissed me. We spent a bit of time making out before he drove me back to my car.
    We talked/texted a lot at this point. I live about 1 1/2 hours away from where he stays in the midwest so I had to be home a portion of the time.
    We had discussed me going on a float trip with him in a couple of weeks from then when we went on that last "date". So I think the next time I saw him was when he came out where I live and we were going to head to the float trip from there in a couple of days. He brought me flowers with a cute little note. We went to a yoga class and he met my awesome old lady instructor person who just thought we were the most adorable things ever. Lol. We went to a little carnival thing and then we headed to the float trip that was full of his long time friends. Mid float trip he confesses that he had fallen for me. I couldn't say it back yet but at that point when we were laying together I asked him if he thought it would be stupid if we didn't try to make the 1400 mile distance work. I think the question rolled around in both of our heads for a few days. He apparently wasn't sure what I thought about it even though I said yes when he asked me the same question. Maybe the wording confused him =-)
    So it was a few more days after that when we were sitting on his step dad's porch swing and he asked me to be his girlfriend. It kind of felt like we were teenagers again at that point it seemed so sweet. We discussed a little about it and decided not to put too much future thought into it yet. We both had/have quite a bit of school left and I wasn't/am not totally sure if I want to move to where he lives. Although it's gorgeous and has lots of career opportunities. I have 2 more years than him until I'm finished with Bachelors and Master's studies. And I want babies before that if possible due to the fact that when I graduate I'll still have internships to finish and I'll be in my mid 30's. It's just a really difficult situation that still weighs on my mind.
    He visited over Christmas break and I went out to visit him as soon as his school started back up after New Years. So we still get to see each other quite a bit for being so far away from each other. About 4 months out of the year isn't too bad. Especially with how busy we both are. We have a really great chemistry and even when I get on the phone or skype with him and don't expect to have much to talk about, we end up talking for 2 hours. We admire each other for many things in each others lives and encourage each other. I do feel like with the distance I don't give enough intimacy as he might need and that makes me a little self conscious but for the most part it's been working. I made him a photo video with some songs in it for Valentine's day and he was blown away by it =-) I'm not as cutesy and romantic as I was when I was younger but that was definitely mushy and luckily he likes a little mush. HA! He definitely sees a future with me and I feel like there definitely could be a future there if we can keep the distance working for now.
Working...
X