Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belvy and Laura

Alrighty, my turn!

I guess it all starts out 2 years ago. My best friend and I lived in a small city in Pennsylvania, after losing our other best friend that May due to drugs, my friend and I decided that it would be best for us to get out of the situation and not subject ourselves to being surrounded by drug users, so we set out and moved to Youngstown Ohio. (Yes if any of you know about Youngstown you may find this somewhat ironic since it has one of the highest crime rates in the United States). Shortly after we moved here we met a group of guys that went to the university in town and started hanging out with them quite regularly. Through this group of guys I was introduced to two guys, Oleg and Belvy. Instantly, Oleg became interested and asked me out on a date. Belvy on the other hand began a friends with benefits relationship with my best friend. While I was dating Oleg, I became really good friends with Belvy, I would tell him everything about how Oleg was a jerk etc. He and I would hang out every night and we would just genuinely have a good time.

Then along comes Mardi Gras. my friend Kourtney was now moved on and no longer in her fling with Belvy, but I was still in my fling with Oleg, anyway, Belvy and I went to a friends house for a Mardi Gras party, we both ended up drinking too much, and ended up doing some things that we probably shouldn't have done with each other. Of course, Kourtney was my roommate, so she was privy to what happened. The whole thing blew up, Kourtney and I had a falling out, I moved out got my own place and lost almost all my friends that were friends with Kourtney in the process. Ironically the two people who stood by me through all of it were Belvy and Oleg. After the falling out with Kourtney, Belvy and I became almost inseparable, however I still couldn't shake the what ever kind of relationship you want to call it that I had with Oleg. Belvy on the other hand started showing feelings more than just best friends, and had asked me several times if I would date him. I told him no because he was my best friend first of all and second of all I had known him well enough to know that he had cheated on his previous girlfriend almost every weekend. However he kept asking, eventually I told him that I'd have to think about it, and that he needed to give me a month to decide. A month came and went and one night after we went bowling he walked me out to my car. As I went to get into my car he stopped me and said "So, have you thought about it at all?" I had completely forgotten about it and so I responded with "Thought about what?" and he looked at me and said "us..." I honestly had thought about it maybe the day that he brought it up and that was it for that entire month, so I apologized to him and told him that I really didn't know, and I explained to him that I just knew him too well and that I really didn't know if I could trust him in a relationship. He said ok, and started walking to his car, I got in my car and I turned to wave bye at him and as I did I saw the facial expression he had as he watched me drive away. He had looked as though someone (not just someone, me) had ripped his heart out of his chest and stomped on it. It was the most genuine look I had ever seen in my life and I knew instantly that he really really wanted this. I got home and sent him a text message and told him that I'd give it a chance, that we should go out on a date, and that I'd decide after that.

So we went out on a date and then came back to my apartment and just hung out all night, it was perfect and I instantly knew that this was something that I wanted also. We started dating on November 22nd, 2009.

About a month and a half into our relationship his friend Aaron brought up the idea of them going to China to teach english. Belvy was thousands of dollars in debt because of school and such and saw this as an opportunity for him to pay off his debt. He called me the night he decided to do it and said that we needed to talk, instantly my stomach churned, I hate that phrase "We need to talk" its never something good that needs to be talked about. So we talked on the phone and he said "I think we should break up, I've been thinking about this China thing and I'm going to do it, I need the money and so I'm going." I started crying and told him that I really thought that this was something we should talk about in person. He agreed and met me at my apartment.

For the first 20 minutes he was there, he and I just sat holding each other and crying. Finally I pulled myself together enough to say "I don't think we should break up, I think you and I are perfect together and I'm willing to wait for you." He sat up, and looked at me and said "Really? I don't want to break up with you, I love you so much and I don't want to lose you, but I don't want to put you through that either, you don't deserve that." I then said to him "I don't deserve to not have you, I'll wait." At that moment, I had fully committed myself to a long distance relationship. Yes, he and I had loved each other for a while before this conversation, but it wasn't until after this conversation that I think we both realized just how much we cared about each other. Both of us were set on not letting the 7500 miles come between us and the months leading up to him leaving were the best months of my life.

About a week before he left, it started to hit me that he was really leaving, I cried a lot, and he reassured me that we'd be okay, that I was the only girl for him. At one point I asked him if he was like other guys and had a thing for asian women, he responded with "Well every guy has a thing for exotic women, but that doesn't matter to me, I have everything that I have ever wanted here with you, I don't want anything else." That brings us to the day he left, the airport scene of this story was the hardest part of my life. I tried so hard to be strong because I could tell that he was terrified to leave but as I went to hug him at the terminal, I started crying on his shoulder. I didn't want to let him go, but eventually I let go, we said our goodbyes and our I love you's, and he and Aaron walked into the airport... That was exactly 4 months ago and I haven't seen him since.

WOW.... I am soo sorry this is so long. I understand if no one wants to read the whole thing!

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Aww, That's such a cute story!
    I love how you guys never gave up on the relationship despite the distance =] Great story!

Comment

*Raises hand...*

Me me...I read it all. Love the story and love how you two evolved and are in this till the end...I wish you all the best.
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I might add that Kourtney and I have worked past our differences, she is in a great relationship herself and is going to marry him. And also I am still really good friends with Oleg, and even though Belvy was obviously well aware of Oleg and my past, he and Oleg are still good friends as well.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

I wondered about the friends...I think that is cool that Belvy is still friends with Oleg even with everything that happened...
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

OMG! Cute cute story

Comment

Originally posted by XX, Lexi View Post
              Aww, That's such a cute story!
              I love how you guys never gave up on the relationship despite the distance =] Great story!
              I just keep telling myself that it's all temporary. Things are so difficult right now, but I know that he's everything I have ever wanted and that him being in China is only for right now, I have the rest of my life to be with him, and I am willing to wait for him because he is worth the wait.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Working...
              X