Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waited half my life...a love story that knows no distance or time or age....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waited half my life...a love story that knows no distance or time or age....

Ahhh...

My love and I. My love.

I met my love on a site called myyearbook.com. At the time I was dating a man from Turkey..who was living in NYC but was over in Turkey on extended vacation. He and I hadn't met and we weren't serious...I mean I did not trust him at all...but his words filled an emotional void that was empty for many years in a long marriage that had been over for some time. I never referred to any guy I dated by their name but rather by their location...example..I dated someone from London and a town called Utica...referred to them both by those names...And the gentleman from Turkey I called Turkey...guess it was my way of not getting too close to anyone. I have always had walls up....in any relationship. I said when..how...and how much you got to know me...and the how much was very little. Years of anorexia had robbed me of much self confidence..and had to keep my distance.

So back to my love. I joined the site because I had done a search of my Turkey man to see if there was anything online I could see that would tell me that he was really who he was/was he being faithful...and I found his profile on myyearbook. Instantly I saw him flirting with many woman and found out that was part of the game on the social site. Soooooooo..... I had created a profile a long time ago..so I started to meet people. My boyfriend could tell I was on there because he saw me in a profile view. Of course he said it was the nature of the site to flirt and send stickers and such. So fine..he set the tone for our relationship at that point.

Suddenly I realized this guy was more and more visiting my profile and leaving flirty comments. He only had a couple of very poor quality pictures...so I really had no clue what he looked like. We kept talking/messaging/flirting..meanwhile my man from Turkey was making promises to be there for my surgery on November 5th..I was having my tonsils out.....but my love and I would chat and chat..he knew the whole time I was dating someone...and was respectful of that. I would cry to him...vent to him...all the while getting closer and closer to him. We finally talked on the phone...and I melted with the first sound of his deep voice..mmmmm wow!!! I had my surgery...and right after I wanted to talk to him...so he called me and I talked to him on IM as I didn't have a voice...wow...it was so cute and I can remember that moment.

My boyfriend never made it for my surgery as he had some major health problems himself...and I doubted even then that he really had those...I caught him in so many lies...He ended up coming back to the states the next week and came to see me. While we had an ok relationship online...in person it wasn't that great. He was overbearing and very pushy...just not the person online... He came up for another visit for a couple of days at Thanksgiving....but the whole time I was thinking of my love...In fact the day that my Turkey guy left my house the last time...on Black Friday I instantly Emailed my love and told him that I couldn't do the long distance thing with the guy from Turkey...

Deep breath. Still with me?? OK then.

Meanwhile my love lived 7 hours away...I knew that and it kept me from him too...because I didnt want my heart to ache after each visit. I was done feeling that way.

One day I called him and he told me he finally met someone and they were going to meet. I said...WHAT?! He told me she lived in NH and well if he couldnt be with the one he loved..he would love the one he was with.

I moved fast...I totally told him he was meeting her for the wrong reasons...that I know I was crazy saying it...but he truly needed to think about what he was doing...OMG I can remember that moment... I was in Mickey D's drive thru.

I was in love with this man. I knew it right then.

Long story short.

Christmas Day he told me he had to tell me something and it would probably make me upset and change things but he had to tell me.

I said..."what?!"

To which he replied..."I love you."

It was an amazing thing. I started to cry. The floodgates opened...and I knew right then...Dan was the one I wanted...he was my soulmate and I needed to do whatever I needed to be able to be with him.

A month later he came here to visit for 5 days....the moment I opened the door...I knew I was looking into my husbands eyes.

We talked on the phone non stop. About everything.

He isn't into the computer and has the slowest dinosaur of a computer possible. NO webcam....

The next visit was in March...and he proposed....of course I said yes....

He visited again three weeks later...

In April my kids and I went there for a week...

Then he was back here in May...By that point his house was on the market...

Kids and I went there again in June and then for a week in July.

I love him. More than I have ever loved a man.

All my life I needed a man...I wanted someone to complete me. But through my divorce I realized that I needed to be complete in me first...then have a man that can add something to my life,,,

It hasn't been easy..I have three young children,,,(13,11, and 6)...He has 4 kids...(24,22,18, and 14)..

I work lots of hours waitressing...

And he works overnights...we mesh tho...like really mesh...for what I lack..he makes up for..and vice versa...He makes me laugh like I have never laughed..and from what I am told I glow...I smile ear to ear...because well...I have found what I need, desire, and want..

Love knows no distance, or time..for you see I am older..,and have waited a lifetime to know a love like this.

If you read...thank you...I love my Daniel...my love....

Soon the road from NH to NY will be closed...as soon as that house is sold.
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

And BTW...not once have I ever called him New Hampshire...

Comment

Omg! Cute cute cute story! It is very inspiring.

Comment

That is a great story. I'm glad that things are working out for you.

Comment

I love it! all the stories make me just go aaawww haha <3

Comment

awww very cute story

Comment

aaaw that is such a heartwarming story. I'm glad you found him and I hope that house gets sold quickly! xx

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
              <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
              The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
              <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
              <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
              Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
              Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

that is such a sweet story : )
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Awwww such a nice story

I hope the house gets sold soon!

Comment

aww, I love your story, and how you just knew, even by the fact that you never called him new hampshire, it's almost like you knew from the day you talked to him that he was different from everyone else.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Such a lovely story. I met my SO on myyearbook as well!
                      [CENTER]

Comment

I love that you finally found him. Some of us have waited for the longest time.

Comment

Awww that is such a sweet story. I am glad you find him also. I hope his house gets sold soon!

Comment

I love this! it's such a sweet story I hope his house gets sold soon!

Comment

thank you all so much. He has a scheduled Open House on Tuesday...!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X