Sam & Elina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam & Elina

October 27th, 2008. I’m bored.. ehhh, what should I do? I know. I’ll kick some guy's ass at minigolf ;D

I go on and enter a 4 player game with 3 others and there she is. Unknown to me, I’m about to have the first contact with the love of my life, my soulmate. We played for however long it was, and were the only ones speaking. I don’t remember the other two saying a word. We played and played. Asked all the usual “first meeting questions” like where we’re from, any brothers and sisters.. you know Even just from this conversation I thought she was really nice. I’d always had a slight obsession with Finland (because of music hah) and to hear she was from there too just made it even cooler

After so long, it was getting late and I was tired. I didn’t want that to be the last time I spoke to the “sweet Finnish girl” – as I thought of her at that time x) I asked for her MSN (I never ever do this) and not surprisingly, she wasn’t so sure about adding me. We said our goodbyes and I went on my way to sleep. Usually at this point I’m thinking “great, college in the morning ¬__¬ I cant be bothered to get up that early.. ugh” but not that night. I’m thinking of her. Thinking of talking to her and getting to know her more.

Do I fancy her from a couple of hours playing minigolf? O_o Do I just think she’s pretty cool and nice to speak to? Is it the whole “I love Finland” thing making me want to speak to her more?

Guess I’ll soon find out..

The next day comes around and I do my usual thing. Get up, go to college... blahblah. I had thought about her in the morning – ‘Oh, I wonder if she did add me then’ but forgot about it in the day. On the train back from college I put my iPod on, and (no surprise here x)) I put Ensiferum on. The song plays, and Finnish lyrics start. My mind immediately goes back to her. Did she add me?

As soon as I got back, I literally rushed to the PC to see. She did! Yesss ^_^

Over the coming weeks we spoke every day. I found out more about her, she found out more about me. If I remember correctly, the only day(s) we didn’t talk is when she went to stay with her parents with her boyfriend.

I don’t remember how long, but for the sake of the story lets just say by January we’d built up a pretty strong bond and were really good friends (if not more). Of course, she had a boyfriend which didn’t make things easy for me having feelings for her. She lived with him. Yep, I’m sure that made it even worse for me x) Wasnt such a problem by this time (January) but later it would become a lot worse..

A couple of more months down the line and I’m obviously falling for her. I’m thinking about her all day, every day. All I want to do is speak to her. My mum thinks I’m obsessed with the computer and tells me to get off it, constantely x) I cant.. I’m addicted to this girl. It’s March-April and I’m wondering to myself if I’m falling in love with her. The first thing I’ll do in a morning is email her and the last thing I’ll do at night is say bye to her on msn, or email her before I sleep. She was working, and I was at college in the days. I’d ask if she’ll be online in the evening, and a lot of the time I’d get “I’ll see. My boyfriend might wanna hang out”

Great..

Most of the time, she’d be there in the evening. I cant and wont speak for her, but their relationship didn’t seem the best. From my point of view, he didn’t treat her how she should and deserves to be treated. He kinda used her. Of course, me seeing that she’s not as happy as she could be and me myself having these feelings for her makes it worse. She’d come online in the evenings, we’d talk and have so much fun. I almost felt like I made her days better. A distraction from her “real life” and her boyfriend. I’d be on a high. We’ll be laughing, smiling, joking, having fun online and then she’d go. As soon as she left, it got to the point where I started thinking “yep, she’s going back to her boyfriend. To bed with him. Wake up next to him”

Yeaaaaaaah.. it’s killing me. What should I do?

I never really spoke to her about how I thought about/like this until all that had ended and we were together at last. I’m still not sure if I should have. Maybe she’d have left him sooner? Who knows..

So I’m in love. I love her. Cant deny it. I love this girl, and she lives and does everything couples do (heh x)) with this other guy. It’s killing me and I think of cutting contact from her. If I stop talking to her.. delete her, sure I’ll just forget about her and it’ll all be fine. Surely that’s better than having these horrible feelings for well.. forever, while she’s with that guy.

I couldn’t do it. To not have her in my life would’ve been weird at this point. We’d been a big part in each others lives by now and it would be wrong to just cut her out like that. I’m strong, I’ll just deal with it.. I guess. So after I made the decision not to cut her out I just thought that’s it. There’s no going back. I wanna be with her.

She was getting more and more unhappy with him and eventually they split (yay! Hah) around June-July 2009. That was a tough time for her and I tried to be there for her as much as I could. Long before they split, I think we both knew we wanted to be together, just never admitted it. We have decided that July 27th is our anniversary for being together. We don’t actually know, or even have a specific date. It just sort of happened, but you need a date to celebrate it, right?

A couple of months after they did split up and that had all blown over, we started talking about and planning when we could see each other. The date was November 27th. That’s it. I’ll finally see her O_o. I’d fly to London, and from there to Finland where she’d pick me up and drive to her place.

The day finally came and I set off on my way. One hour flight to London Stansted from Newcastle, and then a 9 hour wait in the airport until my flight to Finland. God that wait was agonising As I saw on the screens that it was time to check-in, the nerves arrived. What the..? I’m actually doing this. I’m going to Finland to see a girl off the internet! :|

The flight passed and I landed in Finland. Walked through the doors at the airport and there she was. Wooooah, she’s beautiful, I thought to myself. We walked up to each other and just hugged. We hugged and hugged and hugged. We moved to a place where we weren’t so much in peoples way, and hugged more. No idea how long we were there, but we got told to leave because that terminal was closing now haha. Oops. It was here where I first told her that I love her. She knew already, but I’d never actually said those words, online or in person. We’d decided to wait until we’re together face-to-face to say it. Im glad we did. It was so much better than it would’ve been online. More.. meaningful.

I would tell you about the first visit and what it was like, but I don’t actually remember. It was all a blur. It was amazing though, I can tell you that for sure x)

Here's one of our first pictures together..

Since the first meeting, we’ve met a further 4 times..

December/January 2010 (I went to Finland and spent New Year together)

April 2010 (She came to my house for the first time and then we went to Edinburgh for 2 days and flew to Finland from there together, where I stayed for a week)

June 2010 (She came here again)

August 2010 (I went there for 10 days)

I never cry at anything, like.. ever, but everytime we have to leave each other I cry (always the day before for some reason ). She means so much to me.
    Yesterday, our 13-month anniversary, I booked both our flights for our next meeting, which will be in October (: She’ll come here for 7 days, and we’ll fly to Finland together for a further 10 days.
    We cant wait!

I love her so much.

Sorry for the length I’ve missed out a fair bit too, but didn’t wanna put everything, or you’d be here all day reading it x)

Read our story from her point of view (:

Absolutely touching...love hearing a guys point of view...and the pictures are beautiful...especially the one from June.....thank you for sharing..
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

love it! ^___^
      And I know how it feels to think the "shes with another one, wakin up next to someone else and its not me" oh sigh...
      my SO always says true love is never easy but will always find its way together <3

Comment

AW! I love it, the pictures are so pretty and the story is very touching

Comment

What the..? I’m actually doing this. I’m going to Finland to see a girl off the internet! :|
          Haha, that's exactly what Andy was thinking when he first came to see me

Such a great story, I'm glad you 2 ended up together

Comment

Cute story! I'm glad you are both happy.

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments ^_^

Comment

The pictures are sooo cute I love the milkshake one!

Comment

Hey Sam, that was a great read

We've got even more in common than I first thought haha!

I'm gonna have to read it from Elina's point of view now too
                  In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                  Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                  Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                  My dog Sam ♥

Comment

It's so sweet to hear the guy's view. Hmm maybe I should get him to write his version?
                    I'm glad you shared and hope to see your success story soon!

Comment

Thank you Casey!

We hope we'll have a success story sooner than we thought

(..I swear I just posted this and it was deleted :|)

Comment

Such a sweet story... You've got a great way of narrating
                        I love the pictures.. especially the one under the bridge.. you really make a cute couple!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Luisina

I dont think I'm much of a writer personally, but thanks

..and yeah.. we are cute arent we haha

Comment

Love it. Such a cute adorable story. :]

Comment

Originally posted by Jasons Babe 8808 View Post
                              Love it. Such a cute adorable story. :]
                              Why thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X