God's perfect timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God's perfect timing

I met my boyfriend last March 2013 in an online chatroom which i am a regular chatter since college days. I myself don't believe that love is possible online (though many have tried to asked me but I was really hesitant). It was one fine night (manila time) when i sent a pm to this newly seen nick in the room. I just asked him if he was a newbie or changed his nick using my native language. Then he said he is not a Filipino and was just waiting for his friend Molly to go online. So i said okay.

While he was waiting for his friend he was still talking to me, then he asked for my Skype name and then left the icq room and started chatting there. When I first saw him, I find him cute but not really attracted to white men. To cut the long story short, it was a routine for us to talk each day whether on skype or via email, still no branding on what kind of relationship we have.

He planned of visiting me last May 2013 but he didnt showed up. I tried to chat him on skype since he is online but he never replied. I even give him sms asking him what went wrong. It was after two months when he finally have the balls to talk to me...he explained that a friend gave him advised that The reason why I wanted to meet him is just to have a luxurious vacation...so i defended myself with his brat friend. I told him to extend my messages to his dear friend that I CAN HAVE A VACATION TWICE A YEAR WHEREVER I WANT BECAUSE I AM WORKING HARD. He said taht he was sorry that he listened to him and for being stupid. Then adding that he is currently in a relationship and met the girl via his friend.

I didn't expected after that conversation that I will receive a very long offline message from him. Starting on how we met and ending up how sorry he is. Hoping that i am not mad at him. I was really crying when i read it and while replying it to him.....

So, since i knew that he has a girlfriend, I avoided talking to him. I just said hello when he sents me messages then that's it.

It was my birthday month when I started attending mass at Padre Pio in Eastwood Libis. Everytime my birthday comes, I am having this dilemma of getting old alone. So one time I was just talking to the statue of Padre Pio...this is the exact words I told him"dear Padre Pio, i accepted already that i will be an old maid. It has been 7 years since I had my last relationship. BUT, if there is a man really meant for me, can you lead me to his way before i turned 31?"

It was August 15, when this guy told me that he left his girlfriend because he doesnt really love her. And he is willing to win me back. He is ready to start again. Planned to go to the Philippines to visit me. So i entertained him again with caution of course.

October we finally met. Spent almost one month here and I said yes to him. After four months of being apart, he decided to go back and visit me again for a month. Asked me to be his wife.

God's time is truly perfect!

Hope i didn't bored you with my story:redface
    Last edited by Purplette; April 4, 2014, 09:42 AM.
    Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

I'm sorry but the purple font is too pale for me to read

Comment

That's a great story. Best of luck. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
        Same. Or is it pink? Either way, it's hard to read.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidvs View Post
          That's a great story. Best of luck. :-)
          Thank you Davidvs
          Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
            Sorry anthea already changed the font color. Apologies

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
              Same. Or is it pink? Either way, it's hard to read.
              Sorry. I now changed the font color

Comment

It is hard when people suspect it is about money. I enjoyed your story - and that you changed the font
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  It is hard when people suspect it is about money. I enjoyed your story - and that you changed the font
                  I proved him that he is totally wrong. Although the set up of how we met is usually being used by other people to hook up with foreigners. Besides, I partly understand his friend if he has a bad experience with Filipinas but told him not to generalized. Thank you for taking time to read our story.

Comment

I loved your story and appreciated you sharing. I understand the worry about money. Too many people are mean and evil and make the rest of us look bad. My SO had fears at first that I was interesting in him for what he could do for me, but he has seen differently. He has offered to help me financially a few times, but I have refused. I want him to know without a doubt that money has nothing to do with my love for him. In an LDR or online relationship, we have to be more careful. It takes time, but eventually our true colors can shine through. I'm happy your story has a good ending. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by piratemama View Post
                      I loved your story and appreciated you sharing. I understand the worry about money. Too many people are mean and evil and make the rest of us look bad. My SO had fears at first that I was interesting in him for what he could do for me, but he has seen differently. He has offered to help me financially a few times, but I have refused. I want him to know without a doubt that money has nothing to do with my love for him. In an LDR or online relationship, we have to be more careful. It takes time, but eventually our true colors can shine through. I'm happy your story has a good ending. Good luck.
                      Sometimes this aspects caused me in trouble. I always prove to him that I have a decent job and have a good salary. That if I need something I will buy it personally and no need to ask for his help. Most Filipinas are branded to be attached with a foreign man in order for them to have a better life. Even my former boss told me his opinion about it but i dont blame them. Thank you piratemama for taking time to read it and for giving me advice. ☺️

Comment

Working...
                      X