A boy, a girl and a sofa bed:the awkward story of a gamers' get-together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A boy, a girl and a sofa bed:the awkward story of a gamers' get-together

Our story starts in April 2009, when I decided to finally plan a get-together of our Guild Wars guild. Being the only non UK-based player, I needed a lift from the airport, and this kind girl who had just joined the guild 3 weeks ago offered to pick me up on the way.

We were supposed to pick up another guy on the way, but he was too hung over and overslept, so it was just the two of us, chit-chatting non-stop for 2 hours. It felt so natural somehow.

That night, after we had all gone to the pub for drinks, everyone raced to the house to claim the most comfortable beds to sleep in. All the boys had opted for single beds (rude!!!), leaving me and her in a really awkward position: sharing a not-even-close-to-queen-size sofa bed. I offered to just 'sleep on the floor or something', but she looked at me, thought for a sec, then said 'fuck it, you seem alright'. So I basically hugged the wall all night, feeling slightly uncomfortable sharing a bed with a strange woman. She even came in for a hug in her sleep.. I gently shoved her to the side.. or something...
    Somehow, we didn't even try to swap beds for the second night; seems neither of us really minded anymore, as we got on so well. We just slept.

We had another 2-hr drive back to the airport, chit-chatted some more, and hugged goodbye. I said I was 'gonna miss her', she said she had a lovely time too.
    That was it for about 3 weeks. Things went back to normal. Then, she randomly asked me to help her pick a dress for a wedding party. I was surprised, but welcomed the offer.
    After the wedding party, she got on skype, being slightly drunk, and we had a 4-hr chat between 2AM and 6AM. At about 5AM, I cautiously said I 'thought I liked her'. She said she was 'surprisingly fond of me too'. Given the fact that I was 21 at the time and she was 29, we didn't really know where this was going and if it could ever work.

But it's been over a year now with monthly visits, and I'm moving closer to her in 3 weeks to go to uni. I can't wait!

AWWWH! So sweet, that kind of made me laugh too...
    So awkward...yet so adorable!
    =)
    This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

That's such a cute story!
      [CENTER]

Comment

haha crazy how basically out of somethin so ''crazy'' or basically nothin special turned out somethin so beautiful

Comment

Awh lol.. Thats so cute.. =]
          Although this distance breaks my heart,
          And it's unbearable when we're apart,
          I know that it will all be fine,
          As my heart is yours,
          And yours is mine.. <3

Comment

Super cutee

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
              She even came in for a hug in her sleep.. I gently shoved her to the side.. or something...
              LOL! Cute ^_^

Comment

love hearing the guys side of the story!! Very sweet..
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

aw that's super sweet!

Comment

Working...
                  X