My best friend + a kids game = my SO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best friend + a kids game = my SO!

Sorry if this is really long =X I've tried to thin it down as much as I can!

Our story starts back in late 2007, when I signed up to an animal crossing forum thanks to some encouragement (aka nagging) from my best friend, Domi. The site allowed us to find other players so that we could play the game with them and not just the two of us and we made a lot of friends! Soon, we had found two guys, JB and Rav who we got along with really well both in-game and on the forum. The four of us quickly became great friends through 2008 and we would play most nights (sometimes until 3am xD) and when we weren't playing we would talk on the forum or on MSN. However, one month my life became very hectic and I didn't go on the forum or the game for the whole month. When I went back after everything had calmed down, I found my private threads FULL of messages (lol I had no idea I was so popular) and everyone seemed to be very pleased I was back, especially Rav who had been down in the dumps the whole time I was away! I soon came to know Rav by his RL name, Alex and he had known me as Claudie since the start (as that was my in game name anyway) but soon came to call me Claude (my preffered nickname). Over the summer of 2008 we grew very close but one day I was introduced to his buddy, Carlos. And through a complicated series of events, I ended up agreeing to "go out" with him on line despite him living in the US and I really didn't have any feelings for him. We were "dating" for a whole 2 weeks or so before Carlos practically disappeared and Rav broke me the news that Carlos's mother had found out and didn't approve. To this day I still don't believe that excuse and I know it was just his cop-out, but I don't mind because of what it led to.

After the drama of Carlos, Rav and I grew even closer and I developed a crush on him! I kept it to myself though, after Carlos I no longer had faith in online relationships. That is, until one night on animal crossing when I went to get a snack and came back to find Rav admitting to Domi that he liked me! (I know, it sounds SO second grade, but bear with me!) and Domi, being my best friend and being able to tell what I'm thinking soon sussed that I liked Rav too. So she ended up setting us up, and after some long, rather painful conversations, she managed to make Rav guess who liked him, ME! He was shocked that I shared his feelings and after some more long conversations, I agreed to be his girlfriend. He was over the moon, but I was really in a state of shock and for almost 2 weeks barely returned his feelings. But soon, I got into the swing of it and realised that I did have feelings for him!

Our relationship stretched on, months passed and we were both over the moon. I soon told my close friends and they all tried their best to understand. Then, in December, some rumours started flying around at school about me and a friend of mine, Ed. I had no feelings for Ed and was perfectly happy in my relationship with Rav, but of course, the manipulative popular girls at school had to go messing all that up. I told a girl who was a good friend about myself and Rav and I realise now that this was a big mistake. The girl was trying to climb her way up the rungs of popularity at this point so of course she told the popular bitches in order to gain approval. They soon confronted me and practically bullied me into dating Ed. I said yes purely to get them off my back. Nothing even happened and I told him the truth the two days later. The rumour mill was still churning about Rav and I didn't need any more drama. My friends soon started informing me of things people were saying and the situation was getting ridiculous, the things people were saying were shockingly hurtful to me. Thankfully, after a few weeks of laying low the situation totally died down and people would only occasionally ask me things, which I would normally laugh off.

So we continued on. Then, more drama. But this time, on his end. After a month of practically none-stop texting, his phone bill arrived and it was HUGE. His parents demanded a reason for it and so he told them about me. They never really have approved, and many bad things have happened because of me. It has caused nothing short of hell for him and I feel terrible for it. Thankfully, in recent months they have come to accept the situation more and more and seem to have realised that Alex is serious about me.

After our year anniversary, my confidence grew about our relationship and although my parents still didn't know, many people at school knew and so did my sister (she still claims to this day that it's just a "phase" ._.) Then one day in november 2009, the chavvy girls overheard me talking about Rav to my friend in art class. They practically interrogated me about him but by this point my attitude was "Fuck it, I'm proud of my relationship and I don't care who knows!" so of course I got all the normal questions and comments about him being a pedo. Oh, don't you just LOVE stereotypes? All that was soon over, in fact a while ago one of them asked it I was still with him and I said yes, she asked how long we'd been together and I said 1 year 7 months. HER FACE!! XD She was like "omg..thats a long time " which just made me laugh.

So yeah, I've skipped over a lot of stuff but you get the idea =P We're coming up for 2 years now ^_^ And all thanks to my best friend and Animal Crossing!

haha so cute!
    and yes dont you just love the gossip >_> thats why I basically dont say anythin anymore to anyone but my super close friends and if someone else asks I just tell them, as you said, fuck it Im proud of my relationship
    and you should keep that adittude up!

Comment

yes...i love the attitude..and congrats on two years!!! Great story..
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Wonderful story! Congratulations on 2 years

Comment

2 years is fantastic! congrats!

Comment

2 years! Congrats!
            =)
            This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Thanks guys =)

Comment

That's a nice story

And well done on 2 years! I bet it's quite rare for someone your age to keep an LDR going

I don't mean for that to sound patronising btw, even if it does... sorry :/

I know you're very mature compared to some girls your age

Hmmm, that's probably patronising too.... I'll stop now

Btw, kinda unfair that this story is the only one without a rating, I'll fix that for you
                In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...
                X