This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Two Different Worlds

My SO and I met in the beginning of March, 2013 as she had approached by a blog site.
    Her unique way of messaging me caught my attention and I viewed her blog straight away.
    When I was viewing her blog, my excitement had risen as I saw that she is Asian (I have a weird fetish for Asian culture and women).

When we began talking through a few social networking sites, we clicked instantly but a few weeks later, she stopped talking to me. I thought about her a few times and eventually commented on a photo saying ''I miss you'' and we ended up talking again. By that time, I was going through a difficulty with my close group of friends, so when I expressed to her about everything, my feelings and such, we somewhat grew closer to one another.
    I remember one particular night, we were talking and she said to me, ''What if I said I love you?'' I denied it and took it as a joke as I thought no one could ever love me but little did I know our relationship was official through an awkward conversation on May 18, 2013.

Truthfully, my relationship hasn't been easy from the beginning with her and I believe I never thought thorough about what the fact that her country is conservative, religious and not-so-open about homosexuality.
    Her family and relatives are religious, no doubt about that. For them, homosexuality is a very hard thing for them to accept as it is a ''sin.''
    As for myself, I don't particularly live in a religious country and we defiantly have more freedom in expression of who we are.
    I have always been accepted for my homosexuality so coming across trying to find acceptance through her side was a very difficult path and still is every now and then.

By Christmas Eve, 2013, my SO confessed to her mother about us.
    I had the biggest sigh of relief yet I was so scared and nervous, especially because I was about to meet her on Skype.
    As time went on by throughout the Summer holidays here and my SO had school to attend, her mother and I communicated through social networking each day.
    At first I was so scared that she would never like me... thinking that me as a white girl could never reach the Asian standards.
    Happily, I do not regret it now and her mum and I get along now, although we do have our moments.

So any ways,
    One year has passed by of being together and we continue to defeat each battle that occurs.
    Her and I are still young but I hope to meet her in the near future.
    That would be a dream come true.

Working...
X