Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you China

Hi everyone !
    So i'm a new member here and i thought about writing my story too. Sorry in advance for the long message ^^
    So it all started 8 and something months earlier, when i was in China studying for my first year of master. Next to my language university was the medicine university, and in between them was that bar where me and my friends used to go every week end. We ended up being friends with the owner, who was a really nice, sweet and welcoming lady.
    Anyways, during one of the parties she organised, I met this American doctor, who was studying Chinese medicine. He was nice, slightly pretentious but so funny and cute and handsome. We immediately got along well, and we started texting with Wechat. We'd send each other messages every single day, from waking up to bed time. I learned more about him, and i felt really close and happy to have him as a friend. Even when he got himself a new girlfriend, we still send each other a lot of messages.
    But at that time, i was already in a relationship with a french boy for almost 5 yrs. Although i really loved my ex and i had the most respect for him, our relationship wasn't perfect. I wasn't unhappy, but I wasn't happy either. I wasn't blooming, and more than once in our long relationship, I thought about ending it. A lot of crying was involved, a lot of doubts and a lot of fights.
    2 or so months after I met this american boy, my french boyfriend cane over to visit me in China. I was really genuinely happy to see him, I missed him so much and he went on a trip around China. I was happy. But i kept sending my american boy messages everyday. Nothing sexual or flirting, we were just speaking about everything. He also went on a trip for the 2 months holidays that we had in january and February.
    By the end of these holidays, i had nowhere to live, as my friend and I decided to move out of the university dormitories. Long before the end of the holidays, my american boy told me that if I needed a home for a few days to have time to look for an apartment, i could go to his house. I guess my mind just ignored the fact that it was a little bit weird to do that when you already have a boyfriend, but deep inside, i think i knew something was gonna happen between us. I first stayed 3 days, i had a lot of fun and i felt really happy with him, although nothing really happened. Then i got home to our new flat, but I was back to his place the next weekend. I missed him and we kept sending each other messages literally ALL THE TIME. That week end was the beginning of our relationship. I cheated on my french boyfriend for 2 months. It was hard and i still feel ashamed and guilty.
    At the beginning, we were taking is easy, and without really putting words on it, we both agreed that we would break up when the year was over. As for myself, I was convinced that this story was a way to prove to myself that my french boyfriend was the best for me. No need to tell you that it didn't work that way. After 1 month and a half, I was completely lost, didn't know who to break up with, felt so sad and ashamed and depressed. And mixed up with that, a strange feeling of growing love and admiration for that American boy. After a while, he became sad too, obviously that situation was even harder for him than for me.
    One night, i got to talk about all this with my parents. The same night, I send a mail to my french boyfriend, telling him that I wanted to end our relationship. Out of cowardice, I didn't say anything about the american boy. I blamed on the distance, on the fact that I wasn't happy, etc. I was so ashamed. That period was rally hard. I cried a lot, i was so scared of doing the wrong choice, of being silly over a flirt. But somehow I knew, deep inside my heart and my soul, that ending this relationship was the right choice. Although I really loved my ex boyfriend, the pattern of our couple was wrong, and I knew that, with or without another boyfriend, I wouldn't have been happy with him.
    Now, it's been 5 months since I started dating my boyfriend, and I love him more than anything. He is all I want in a man. He is the best, and I do not regret one second being with him.
    Being in a long distance relationship is the scariest thing ever, but I really am going to do by best to keep this going until the day we can be reunited for good. I have a lot of plans, i keep making films in my head about us, and I even think about marriage (which i wasn't thinking about after 5 yrs of relationship with my previous boyfriend) (I know I know I get carried away too easily)
    ANYWAY that's our story

Nice story. You find love in the most unexpected cases.
    Its hard growing up without a father, but its easy when you have a fantastic mother who plays both roles.

Comment

Working...
    X