My Superhero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Superhero

For 6 years, I battled with anxiety, depression, an eating disorder, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, and PTSD which goes hand in hand with the anxiety since its an anxiety disorder. And I battled alone. I never let anyone in; I never let anyone see my struggle.

I suffered from abuse for most of my childhood. And it wasn't easy for me to handle. But what pushed me over the edge I had been standing on for so long, was something that happened at school. In march of 2013, I was attacked at school, and I didn't talk about it much. And this simply made all my issues worse. I wanted to fall off the face of the earth. It was my breaking point.

Nine times I attempted suicide. By April 2013, I was a shell of a person. But no one saw it. No one cared.

That was until I met my superman. I used to make YouTube videos on an old account that has since been deleted. In one video I talked abut how I overcame bullying. And so many people were proud of me. Except one. Except my superman.

One day, I received a message from a guy I had never spoken with before. And the fact we had never spoken before fascinated me so much because his message read, "I watched your YouTube video about bullying, it doesn't really seem like you got over it." A complete stranger was the first person to notice I wasn't ok.

Of course that started a conversation. And we talked about a lot of things. It was the night of April 14, 2013 when he messaged me, two days before my birthday. We talked for hours that night. When I finally laid down to sleep that night, I knew that boy was going to mean a lot to me.

Our friendship bloomed quickly. I found myself talking to him everyday for hours on end, and for the first time in a long time, I admitted I wasn't ok. School wasn't pleasant for me, so I would constantly check to see if he was online so I could talk to him. And we learned we had a decent amount of common interest.

It didn't surprise me when I started having feelings for this guy. He was an amazing friend and he didn't mind talking to me about my pain. Though I didn't truly know it at the time, I needed a guy like him in my life.

The night we met, I was on edge. I was sitting on the cold bathroom floor, my knife beside me, my antidepressants beside me, and I had already written the letter to my father. But talking to him gave me a kind of hope I had never had before.

So as I said, my feelings for him simply grew everyday. I started to think I'd have to stop talking to him because not being with him sucked so much. But then, May 1, 2013, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was stunned. There had been mild flirtation, but I knew he had a flirtatious personality, and so I didn't truly think anything of it. Never in my life would I have believed a guy like him would be interested in me. If someone else had told me he was, I wouldn't have believed it.

And the fact that he asked me to be his girlfriend instead of asking if I would "go out with him" meant a lot to me.

Our bond continued to grow. He's 3 years older than me and lives 3,800 miles away. But none of that bothers me.

We have been together 1 year now. Its been tough. The distance combined with my mother hacking my accounts and having relationships pretending to be me (I had evidence it wasn't me), have made it pretty difficult. People are always telling me I am too young to know what love is and that I shouldn't be so serious about a relationship with someone so far away. But I disagree, because I know I love him, even if it doesn't last. And I know I can't give up on something so special as what I have with him.

You seem to have a very sweet and supportive relationship. Thanks for sharing your story. Btw, your mother doesn't behave nice towards you.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thank you!

And yeah.. she and I have never had a very good relationship. So much so that her hacking into my account didn't even surprise me.

Comment

(response to a comment since deleted)

Sureeee that's why we lasted so long. lol I love you BritishKiller
        Last edited by LovingAcrossTheAtlantic; July 20, 2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Have you found out how she hacks you? You should meet your bf whenever you can, before she finally finds her Plan Z. Wow, The Spongebob Squarepants Movie reference, haha.

Comment

Have you met yet? Sorry if you've answered this before!

Comment

Wow, thats an intense story. I'm glad you two found each other!
              Sometimes people get lucky like that.

Comment

i can empathize with you on the suicide/depression thing i know just how hard it is get so close to that plan of ending it all and then realizing that someone DID care and someone will always care. when i met my SO i was going through the same thing (tough relationship with parents also) I was 16 at the time and i too was told i'm too young to know what love is and to know true pain and sadness. well done for overcoming the worst of it and i hope you'll continue to recover i know how tough the road is and i am not even at the end of it but i wish you and your SO all the best of luck with future plans (and btw there's no age limit to know what love is )

Comment

Working...
                X