An Aussie expat and a Californian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Aussie expat and a Californian

Hooray, I can give my long winded story here!

SO I am an Australian expat who lives and works in New York City.
    For about a year now, I have been a part of a Facebook fitness group called Imgurfit. In December of last year, I had a bit of a back and forth convo with a guy on a post. He added me on Facebook and I had forgotten about said convo, so I genuinely didn't know who he was. However, we had mutual friends from said group, so I accepted him as a friend.

In January of this year, I was on a group Skype chat with some of the Fit members, when this guy popped in. He was only on for about 5 minutes, but he was so full of life that he immediately caught my attention. From then on, this guy and I would talk once a week or so. For one reason or another, he gradually became my reliable "Drunk FaceTime dial". Drunk me found him very interesting.

In May, the guy and I gradually began talking more and more. To my dismay, he was interested in another girl. However, the girl wasn't very nice to him. And as a 'supportive friend', I managed to get him to stop chasing after her. She was leading him on big time. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work out for me, because I was sure he would go for her anyway, but excitingly, he ditched her.

After FaceTiming almost every day for a few weeks, I decided to pose a proposition; come out to California and experiment with Friends with Benefits. I was not in the mindset for a relationship, LETALONE a long distance one, so I booked my ticket 7 weeks before my trip. As you are already predicting, it slowly became apparent that we were more than friends. We were FaceTiming every day, texting all day and refusing to be with other people (even though we hadn't met yet!) So what started out as a FB trip, became one where we would be finding out if our feelings for each other were real or not.

From the very minute I saw him (I sprinted off the plane and down to baggage claim, I was so excited!) I knew our feelings were real. The 3 days I got to send with him were the best of my life. We enjoyed each other's company the entire time, despite this technically being the first time we were meeting and the chemistry we had hoped for was entirely there.

I have never had such intense feelings for someone in my entire life like I have for my SO. He is the kindest, funniest, nicest, most wonderful person in the world.

The best part? I brought up how funny it was that we were starting out as Friends With Benefits, to which my SO said, "Well actually...I had feelings for you all along. I was just trying to play it cool. I had my eye on you from the very first minute I saw you on the Fit group. I just thought that you were so far out of my league that you would laugh at me if I even tried talking to you".

I nearly died. I think he is one of the most wonderful people on the planet and he still thinks he's the luckiest guy ever that is reaching way beyond his league.
    I'll be seeing you again.

This is so cute! And that last part is so funny! Isn't he sneaky lol
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Aww, what a cute story!
      Like your SO, I also grew up in Orange County. It's a great place to visit

Comment

I agree! So pretty there
        I'll be seeing you again.

Comment

Working...
        X