Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my aşkim

it all started in late 2008,

i always wanted to study abroad- either japan or china, but when i had approached my mother about it ( my family is quiet controlling) she rejected the idea. So, i thought maybe if i picked another destination my parents might accept. i didnt really want the normal European countries because i had visited a lot of places ( spain france etc) and then i saw the country of turkey. i knew some things about turkey but not that much. so i started to do some research and it seemed like the perfect location because of its history, beautiful landscape and warm people. i asked my parents about that and surprisingly they accepted. so i went on with the application process. I got a hold of a turkish student email address and i began to talk with him- about the country people things to do etc. he was a really nice guy but i didnt really think anything of it. this was may 2009. i would be going to turkey in jan 2010 and would stay there for 6 months.
    as the summer of 2009 finished, i began to talk with the turkish student alot more- we would talk about every aspect of eachother lives. i had never expect to get so close to someone i have never even met before. we talked so much the semester before i was going to study abroad in turkey and i was really excited to meet him.
    When i arrived in turkey he came to my dorm to welcome me. he was such a sweet person who tried to help me with everything. he lived about 5 hours away in another city but he would come always to visit and vice versa. we had gotten so close and i really loved him so much. he took me to meet his family almost three or four times they were just amazing -the sweetest people i had ever met. when my semester was over i went to his city to stay with him for the summer. it was wonderful to spend all that time with him and i enjoyed every single second of it. we exchanged promise rings on my birthday
    but about a month ago it was time for me to head back to the states because my new semester was about to begin..it was the hardest thing to say good bye ...i was crying almost a week in advance and when the day finally arrived we both did not realize how hard it was going to be..he cried and i cried it was just probably one of the hardest time of my life- saying that goodbye- the flight back home was dreadful i was by myself just a complete mess.
    its now been a month that i have been back home and i still miss him terribly we talk about everyday online and i get to see him online all the time..but nothing compares to being with him...
    so its now 7 months that i have been with him and i know we can overcome being in a LDR!
    thank you for reading this
    sigpic

Aw, what an adorable story and yes you can overcome being in a LDR
    Welcome to the forums by the way!

Comment

Great love story...very neat how you two "met" before you even went there to study!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

aaww thats so sweet im glad it worked out!

Comment

sooo sweet!!! love your story!

Comment

Merhaba, nasilsin?
            Good ! you are part of turkish love group

My boyfriend is also turkish and you are true, there are such nice and kind people. Cannot wait to go back !
            Really wish you the best!

Comment

Aw, that's very sweet! I was wondering if there were any other Turkish people/partners of Turkish people on LFAD, and there you are. I'm very glad to hear it worked out well for you and sure it will only get better. If you have any questions about Turkish or Turkey, feel free to ask! Although I may not be the biggest fan of Turkey, it would be my pleasure to help you. Wish you the best of luck.

Comment

Awww such a sweet story! (: Its never easy to leave your SO.

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

Working...
                X