A Twitter romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Twitter romance

Hi, I'm a newbie and thought I'd share my LDR story with you all.
    We were both on Twitter, looking for other atheists to chat to (I was a recent atheist 'convert' and he lives in America - not a lot of other atheists in his locality). We 'followed' each other through mutual friend introduction and thought not much of it - other than he/she is cute (from the tiny avatars) and noting that the other always replied to our comments. Fast forward a little to both of us commenting on Twitter that our marriages were breaking down, and, screwing up my courage (I wasn't very confident) I asked him if he'd like to chat in private. That (text) conversation went on several hours and we simply couldn't believe that 2 people 4000 miles apart could have so much in common. From being born less than two weeks apart, to a myriad of tiny details from childhood, through numerous other coincidences, we had an unbelievable amount in common.
    After that first night talking we would email and direct message each other every day, and once we had finally sorted out our respective separations and each lived in our own place, we met up in the UK, and had the most amazing weekend. We just clicked - we had thought in our online friendship we had found something special, but when we met up we realised the chemistry we had was, well, incredible.
    Since then we have met up three more times, twice for a week at his apartment, and once for a truly magical weekend in New York where he proposed (and I said yes, of course!).
    So far so lovely, and we are so deeply in love, and delighted to have found that the kind of love we had always hoped for is true and real and shared between us. But now the tricky part...
    We both have children in our respective countries. This means that whoever moves would have to leave behind part of themselves, part of their heart. But if one of us doesn't move then our hearts can never be whole either. So, for now, we are waiting, trying to plan only in the short term, hoping that one day our situations and emotions will mean that we can live together.
    So, that's where we are now, happily in love, missing each other desperately, living for the next visit...

awww thank god for Twitter thats how i first started talking to my girl as well

Comment

Awwh! Cute!
      This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Thank you! Yeah, I think we're pretty cute, and I am so thankful every day that we found each other. Thank you, Twitter.

Comment

aaww so sweet!!

Comment

Aww, cute!

Comment

Such a cute story!

Comment

I really enjoyed your story. I understand the whole.."kid" thing...and living for the next visit...

I still shake my head that someone can "get" me....and look at the two of you sooo far away from eachother....I spent 17 years with my husband...and in less than a year my SO knows me twice as well....ahhh love.

Thanks for sharing..
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                X