The Journey of Love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey of Love.

I'm Victoria, and this is the story on how I met my now-fiancé and our journey over the past four and a half years.

Back in late 2005, I joined a website called "MyYearbook". To be honest with you, I've no idea why I joined it. I guess I just wanted to make some friends. I got a message from a guy called Stewart saying he liked my photograph. And we started talking, mainly every night over private message. He was just so sweet calling me "beautiful" I was touched, no-one had really said that to me before. I realised that in such a short time, I really liked him, and I hadn't even seen a photograph of him yet. I was fourteen, and he was seventeen, but in my eyes I didn't care.

He gave me his phone number a few days later, and we started texting. Then the first phone call was just amazing. I didn't want to talk in my house, I always went outside and rode round on my little scooter while talking to him. We talked about everything, our interests, everything really. We both knew it would be a LDR because he lives in England and I live in Northern Ireland.

I initially asked him out over the website, I just fell hard for him and I was amazed. I was fourteen, and never had a feeling like this. I'd never even had a first kiss, never mind a boyfriend. We started dating January 28th (2006) and my friends found out in May from a lovely comment he left on my photograph one day on another social network website. I told my Mum at the end of June, and mainly, every-one thought it wouldn't work and how it was so stupid. I proved them wrong

We didn't get to meet until the day before my sixteenth birthday so we waited a year and a half to meet. My mum wouldn't let us meet until I was sixteen. As a surprise, my Mum let him stay over for the night, and I spent my birthday with my boyfriend. It was probably one of the best days of my life meeting Stewart. I've never felt so sick but so excited and nervous in my life. We were late to the airport, but he didn't mind. We had our first date at the cinema, we went to watch "The Simpsons Movie" because he loves The Simpsons! And we pretty much kissed and snogged every two minutes, we couldn't help ourselves. And then we went bowling with my Mum, my little brother and my Mum's boyfriend (ex now). That was pretty fun as well, I can still remember what I was wearing. I was wearing a Tigger t-shirt and my quite baggy jeans. I don't know why I'm mentioning that, but aah well.

We've had over ten visits over the last four and a half years. Some of these visits have been for my birthday, then two Valentine's Day's, once at Halloween etc. We've been together properly for my sixteenth, seventeeth, eighteenth and nineteenth birthday. I've only unfortunately been able to make it for the weekend after one of his. I was over for my eighteenth birthday last year and he took me out to dinner, and he was sweating really bad. I asked him what was wrong and he just said he was hot. I wasn't too bad, and he's never hot, so I was actually quite worried about him. We were walking back to the car and he was getting worse and he was being really quiet. He got into the car and he asked me could he talk to me? I thought "Oh god, please don't tell me he's goin to dump me." He had like a little speech in his head, and at the end, he asked me to marry him. I was in shock, of course I said yes, and that was the first ever time I cried with happiness. I was actually shaking when we got back to his place. It was just wow. I texted literally my whole phone book. Looking back, I don't know why I did, I'm sure half of them didn't care, but I was just so amazed and excited.

We spent our first Christmas together in 2009, and I stayed until after New Year. I loved spending Christmas and New Year with him. It was weird not getting up really early and being with my family and being really crazy and sitting on the floor with my huge bag. But it was nice to spend Christmas with him and his family. I loved waking up beside him every morning for a kiss and a hug. And many more kisses of course.

He sometimes thinks I'm crazy, I just love to kiss and cuddle him constantly. I'm still quite shy infront of friends and family, but when we're alone watching a DVD or something, I still smooch him constantly. I love making little cartoon noises for his body parts. When he's lying down, I'll move his lips and talk in all these weird voices. He loves it really, but thinks I'm crazy.

We've had our ups and down over the years, but with a few long talks, both online and in person, we've sorted them out. Not having problems in an Long Distance Relationship, it can't really happen. I mean, it's life, even in a Close Distance Relationship, every-one will have problems. But no matter what, I'll always love him more than life. I did fall for him hard, and in my eyes, I'm still falling. We do fight but I still always love him.

I hope you enjoyed my story. I don't know if it was long enough or detailed enough, but I hope it gave every-one a little more insight into my life.
    [CENTER]

That's so sweet and over such a long time too.

Comment

Amazing ! I'm so happy for you both ! I hope you're going to have a great life together ! Cause you deserve it completely ! Everyone who has a LDR, deserves a long, happy life with each other ! After all that suffering of not being able to be with each other, but still holding on on the love you both have ! I'll be 17 when I first meet my girlfriend ! July 2011 ! We'll be having a relationship for 1 year and 3 months then !

I wish you the best Victoria and Stewart !

Comment

Awwwww Sooooo cute! I wish you the best!!!!

Comment

What a lovely story!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Awwh! That's so adorable!
            I love how you would ride around on your little scooter while talking to him...I could so picture you doing that!
            Congrats to you both =)
            This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Such a sweet story and well worth the wait!
              I bet I'm gonna be sweaty as hell if I ever propose.. I'm terrible with stuff like that!

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
                Such a sweet story and well worth the wait!
                I bet I'm gonna be sweaty as hell if I ever propose.. I'm terrible with stuff like that!
                Psh. I'm sure you'll be fine!
                This little girl's heart is California bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy.Winter View Post
                  When he's lying down, I'll move his lips and talk in all these weird voices. He loves it really, but thinks I'm crazy.
                  HAHA That's adorable :P

Congratulations, both of you! When is the wedding?

Comment

YEA!!! Another soulmate match thanks to myyearbook.com!!!!

I enjoyed your story...and you have stood the test of time.....Loved hearing about all your visits...when do you see him again??!!
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

really cute
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWatcher View Post
                        HAHA That's adorable :P

Congratulations, both of you! When is the wedding?
                        He really does think I'm crazy :L We're not sure when the wedding will be yet (:
                        [CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
                          YEA!!! Another soulmate match thanks to myyearbook.com!!!!

I enjoyed your story...and you have stood the test of time.....Loved hearing about all your visits...when do you see him again??!!
                          I might be seeing him in October if I go to a University Open Day that's happening near him. If I don't go to that, it'll hopefully be Christmas/New Year or maybe Valentines.
                          [CENTER]

Comment

What a great read!

That was such a sweet thing for your Mum to do on your 16th too

And poor guy when he was proposing! Haha, that made me smile

Originally posted by Snowy.Winter View Post
                            I love making little cartoon noises for his body parts. When he's lying down, I'll move his lips and talk in all these weird voices. He loves it really, but thinks I'm crazy.

Haha! Love this! XD
                            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Your love story is really sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X