The story of Potato (A Love tale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story of Potato (A Love tale)

So I came here seeking help recently, and well things went from questionable, to a full brake. I have known my.....well my xSO for 10+ years, and i am only 24 hehe. Anyway i have started to write a book about our tale, and need a place to outline, so I figured this would be good for me.

I realized though that even an outline is going to be too long, so i will put what I usually tell people that are just asking, "oh how did you two meet":

She was born and raised in Phoenix AZ and I in Newport Beach CA. We met in a sleep-away summer camp of 2004 when we were 13. We are/were a very romantic couple, (and who isn't that is on this site really) We fell for puppy love and went out 3 summers in a row, as we grew, so did our understanding of each other which in turn made our love grow. After 3 years we stopped going to summer camp. We stayed in touch, saw each other once in a year, both of us dated in the meantime, and then at the last year of high-school we rekindled our fire when I went to see her to scout out a collage.

We dated for that first year of college, we more or less said that we would be with each other until someone else comes along but technically told other people we were single, it sounds silly but I really wanted to be single during college. She went to Atlanta GA, and I went to Corvallis OR, so, pretty far. We would visit each other maybe once every 3-4 months, take a tour of her campus, or something like that. I was presented a lot of opportunities to see someone else, but i turned them down.

Anyway, second year of undergrad I ended up asking her out, and we saw each-other more often, Junior year we ended up studying abroad together in England for 6 months, and had a fantastic time. I graduated and came back to California, she went onto graduate school in AZ, I started working for my dad and found it very difficult, she found Law School very demanding and a lot of other factors.

I had been getting more defensive due to my father's mindset and did not like it. Without going into much detail, she (and to an extent I) decided that we need to figure out where we are going in life, and if we were meant to be together, it would happen. That was 3 weeks ago yesterday.

That is the Medium-short version. And you can stop reading here if you want. But i figured i would at least start the story if you were interested in it:
    It is a great love story, So here we go (ill use fake names)

Southern CA is where I was born and raised, sun, sand, and the same issues anyone had. After a childhood of nerdyness and not too many friends, my parents sent me off to Jewish summer camp for 3 weeks in Malibu. Now i didn't think much of it, other than i couldn't play games up there any more, but i found that the community was very nice, and everyone was nerdy there so things clicked better you know?
    I was 13, full of acne and boy hormones, and the standard awkward stuff one gets at this time of life. At the camp, you get to choose 2 activities to do every day in the time you are there. There are your typical stuff like archery, ropes course, music, they even had juggling it was quite funny. Anyway 2nd day into camp is when i started my Drama class, I figured why not. My bunk mate introduced me to this girl from Arizona, and I couldn't say much....There she was, a little short, very dark hair, braces, and funny freckles. She was lovely, and you might say that it was puppy love, but I knew my heart went right out of my chest that day and into her hand.

"H...hi im Kevin" she took my hand and shook it quickly, "oh nice to meet you, im Sarah." and then turned right back to the conversation she was in. Funny really she didn't give me a second thought at the time.
    I eventually summoned the courage to talk to her more, it was fortuitous that we both just happen to have a red lifeguard sweatshirt so that was a nice conversation starter. Anyway not a week later did we find out we had a lot in common, favorite food, stargazing, movies, plays, you name it, we discussed it. She was competitive, but lucally not so much that I couldn't show off sometimes.
    Holding hands was a big deal at 13, well at least for me. Anyway I loved to hold her and giggle with her, any time we went anywhere everyone moved so that we could sit next to each other, it was kind of weird, but i did not mind. She was just so interesting.
    I remember asking her out like it was happening right now. It was rather obvious that we liked each other but she was just so nice and from what I knew about her parents, one was a Rabbi and the other was a Lawyer and she had even said that she was not allowed to really date until she was like 20.
    After encouragement from the cabin about asking her out, I was finally able to pull the courage to take her on a walk, (we liked just walking around) but this annoying guy that was always trying to be with us was just hanging around, he wasn't taking the hint, so i just said FRED could you please allow us to go on ALONE? He was like "oooooohhhh I see.... gotchya" I probably was red as a beat, but if she didn't show signs of going away now, maybe she would actually say yes. Awkward as could be, i slowly uttered the words, "hey Sarah, would you.....i mean if you would like to.....would you want to maybe be my girlfriend?" A single second had never seemed like a longer amount of time, than when those words had left my lips and when she finally spoke the word "Yes, i would like that" AND SO my heart skipped for joy and I ended up holding her hand right then and there.

We talked even more about all of our favorite things, she could sing like an angel, and would go to the one piano in the camp and play the theme from Titanic, I would just sit and watch her elegance and listen to how she played this wondrous instrument.
    Everyone knew we were going out, and would go at terrible lengths to make sure we sat together, and were able to be next to each other whenever possible.
    I was having a wonderful time, and let many days go by, and then, for one reason or another the topic of kissing came up, now I wanted to kiss her don't get me wrong, but i could also do without, because I just enjoyed being with her so much. Plus what if she didn't want to? I could ruin this whole thing!
    But everyone at the cabin was asking if we had, and then some of the girls asked too.
    I waited, for some time, she gave me sliiiight hints like lingering for just a moment or two, after we would hug and separate for rest hour. After a few days, I decided, that it was going to be tonight, right before we went to our cabins.
    So at night time, we all gather around and sing a song or two before going back to our cabins to rest, once the songs are done, we walk on this dirt path, then you finally get to this small dirt hill, with a big overhanging tree and some brush on either side Dubbed as 'no-mans land'. At the bottom to the right were the girls cabins and left were boys, so lots of goodbyes were here.

*my heart is now pounding all these years later*

Sarah and I walked toward the hill and i was trying to hold my chest because i thought it was so crazy that she might even hear it.
    Just as we were approaching the top of the hill, I managed to say "hey coul....could i ask you something?" She looked at me, with slight confusion slight anticipation, so i pulled her aside and looked at her, Should I ask, Do i just do it? I grabbed her hand and managed to utter "could.....would you like to kiss me?" I was sweating, and nervous and she had such beautiful eyes, i didn't know what to think. "What? Im sorry I could't hear you." I had been so nervous about it I wasn't saying it very loud I couldn't imagine what it would be like to see me because i must have looked like a cherry with how nervous i was. G-d help me i couldn't summon up the courage to actually ask her again. I started to say "well would you....." I just leaned in and kissed her, very short but on the lips and all i needed but something i will remember until the day I die. I had kissed a couple girls before, nothing like the magic and enchantment that poured out of that one moment. Best of all she smiled and was just as blown away, that was her first kiss, and might as well have been mine, we said our goodnights, and went to our cabins........

That was the first of many magical moments....But I don't want to fill this whole place up if you guys don't want it. Ill post more if you do though......

Originally posted by Joyaddict View Post
    So I came here seeking help recently, and well things went from questionable, to a full brake. I have known my.....well my xSO for 10+ years, and i am only 24 hehe. Anyway i have started to write a book about our tale, and need a place to outline, so I figured this would be good for me.

I realized though that even an outline is going to be too long, so i will put what I usually tell people that are just asking, "oh how did you two meet":

She was born and raised in Phoenix AZ and I in Newport Beach CA. We met in a sleep-away summer camp of 2004 when we were 13. We are/were a very romantic couple, (and who isn't that is on this site really) We fell for puppy love and went out 3 summers in a row, as we grew, so did our understanding of each other which in turn made our love grow. After 3 years we stopped going to summer camp. We stayed in touch, saw each other once in a year, both of us dated in the meantime, and then at the last year of high-school we rekindled our fire when I went to see her to scout out a collage.

We dated for that first year of college, we more or less said that we would be with each other until someone else comes along but technically told other people we were single, it sounds silly but I really wanted to be single during college. She went to Atlanta GA, and I went to Corvallis OR, so, pretty far. We would visit each other maybe once every 3-4 months, take a tour of her campus, or something like that. I was presented a lot of opportunities to see someone else, but i turned them down.

Anyway, second year of undergrad I ended up asking her out, and we saw each-other more often, Junior year we ended up studying abroad together in England for 6 months, and had a fantastic time. I graduated and came back to California, she went onto graduate school in AZ, I started working for my dad and found it very difficult, she found Law School very demanding and a lot of other factors.

I had been getting more defensive due to my father's mindset and did not like it. Without going into much detail, she (and to an extent I) decided that we need to figure out where we are going in life, and if we were meant to be together, it would happen. That was 3 weeks ago yesterday.

That is the Medium-short version. And you can stop reading here if you want. But i figured i would at least start the story if you were interested in it:
    It is a great love story, So here we go (ill use fake names)

Southern CA is where I was born and raised, sun, sand, and the same issues anyone had. After a childhood of nerdyness and not too many friends, my parents sent me off to Jewish summer camp for 3 weeks in Malibu. Now i didn't think much of it, other than i couldn't play games up there any more, but i found that the community was very nice, and everyone was nerdy there so things clicked better you know?
    I was 13, full of acne and boy hormones, and the standard awkward stuff one gets at this time of life. At the camp, you get to choose 2 activities to do every day in the time you are there. There are your typical stuff like archery, ropes course, music, they even had juggling it was quite funny. Anyway 2nd day into camp is when i started my Drama class, I figured why not. My bunk mate introduced me to this girl from Arizona, and I couldn't say much....There she was, a little short, very dark hair, braces, and funny freckles. She was lovely, and you might say that it was puppy love, but I knew my heart went right out of my chest that day and into her hand.

"H...hi im Kevin" she took my hand and shook it quickly, "oh nice to meet you, im Sarah." and then turned right back to the conversation she was in. Funny really she didn't give me a second thought at the time.
    I eventually summoned the courage to talk to her more, it was fortuitous that we both just happen to have a red lifeguard sweatshirt so that was a nice conversation starter. Anyway not a week later did we find out we had a lot in common, favorite food, stargazing, movies, plays, you name it, we discussed it. She was competitive, but lucally not so much that I couldn't show off sometimes.
    Holding hands was a big deal at 13, well at least for me. Anyway I loved to hold her and giggle with her, any time we went anywhere everyone moved so that we could sit next to each other, it was kind of weird, but i did not mind. She was just so interesting.
    I remember asking her out like it was happening right now. It was rather obvious that we liked each other but she was just so nice and from what I knew about her parents, one was a Rabbi and the other was a Lawyer and she had even said that she was not allowed to really date until she was like 20.
    After encouragement from the cabin about asking her out, I was finally able to pull the courage to take her on a walk, (we liked just walking around) but this annoying guy that was always trying to be with us was just hanging around, he wasn't taking the hint, so i just said FRED could you please allow us to go on ALONE? He was like "oooooohhhh I see.... gotchya" I probably was red as a beat, but if she didn't show signs of going away now, maybe she would actually say yes. Awkward as could be, i slowly uttered the words, "hey Sarah, would you.....i mean if you would like to.....would you want to maybe be my girlfriend?" A single second had never seemed like a longer amount of time, than when those words had left my lips and when she finally spoke the word "Yes, i would like that" AND SO my heart skipped for joy and I ended up holding her hand right then and there.

We talked even more about all of our favorite things, she could sing like an angel, and would go to the one piano in the camp and play the theme from Titanic, I would just sit and watch her elegance and listen to how she played this wondrous instrument.
    Everyone knew we were going out, and would go at terrible lengths to make sure we sat together, and were able to be next to each other whenever possible.
    I was having a wonderful time, and let many days go by, and then, for one reason or another the topic of kissing came up, now I wanted to kiss her don't get me wrong, but i could also do without, because I just enjoyed being with her so much. Plus what if she didn't want to? I could ruin this whole thing!
    But everyone at the cabin was asking if we had, and then some of the girls asked too.
    I waited, for some time, she gave me sliiiight hints like lingering for just a moment or two, after we would hug and separate for rest hour. After a few days, I decided, that it was going to be tonight, right before we went to our cabins.
    So at night time, we all gather around and sing a song or two before going back to our cabins to rest, once the songs are done, we walk on this dirt path, then you finally get to this small dirt hill, with a big overhanging tree and some brush on either side Dubbed as 'no-mans land'. At the bottom to the right were the girls cabins and left were boys, so lots of goodbyes were here.

*my heart is now pounding all these years later*

Sarah and I walked toward the hill and i was trying to hold my chest because i thought it was so crazy that she might even hear it.
    Just as we were approaching the top of the hill, I managed to say "hey coul....could i ask you something?" She looked at me, with slight confusion slight anticipation, so i pulled her aside and loohopked at her, Should I ask, Do i just do it? I grabbed her hand and managed to utter "could.....would you like to kiss me?" I was sweating, and nervous and she had such beautiful eyes, i didn't know what to think. "What? Im sorry I could't hear you." I had been so nervous about it I wasn't saying it very loud I couldn't imagine what it would be like to see me because i must have looked like a cherry with how nervous i was. G-d help me i couldn't summon up the courage to actually ask her again. I started to say "well would you....." I just leaned in and kissed her, very short but on the lips and all i needed but something i will remember until the day I die. I had kissed a couple girls before, nothing like the magic and enchantment that poured out of that one moment. Best of all she smiled and was just as blown away, that was her first kiss, and might as well have been mine, we said our goodnights, and went to our cabins........

That was the first of many magical moments....But I don't want to fill this whole place up if you guys don't want it. Ill post more if you do though......
    aww everything is very sweet!
    everything is in God's hands, it is meant to be it will...
    If I can give an advice it will be to do not give up on her, you are very lucky to still have her and talk to her, I did not wait and I lost that person

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by pootchita View Post
      aww everything is very sweet!
      everything is in God's hands, it is meant to be it will...
      If I can give an advice it will be to do not give up on her, you are very lucky to still have her and talk to her, I did not wait and I lost that person

good luck!
      Thank you so very much, i appreciate it greatly. I have always believed one of the luckiest people on this earth. I appreciate it. .

Comment

Working...
      X