Here's my love story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my love story

My now fiancé and I met hanging out on a voice server together and playing first person shooter games together (how romantic, I know).
    We barely every talked in the beginning because of the time difference.Those first weeks of us sort of talking/playing together but not really yet, were probably the last ones I ever went to bed before midnight.
    I'd been in a verbally and physically abusive relationship trying to get out of it for 7 years, he'd been single for 2 years dealing with traumas his ex had caused. When my SO and I got closer talking all evening, often till 7 or 8 am my time we realized we were falling in love.

We started playing more games together but barely ever skyped. We did talk in voice servers but very often there were other friends around us chatting as well and we felt like our relationship was being influenced by the people causing drama around us too much.We both quit the community we were then part of and started playing on our own, watching movies together etc. We planned on meeting in the summer of 2013, a year after we started dating, but I felt like there was a certain fear in him that things were going too fast. Since we both had a lot of baggage from our past relationships we knew it wouldn't hurt to just wait a little longer. We sent our first little packages to each other in that summer and booked a trip in october. I'd go visit him in January 2014. When that date got closer I felt like he was getting stressed again but the ticket was booked (luckily!) so he just sucked it up, and so did I.

We finally met for the first time on Jan. 7th of 2014 after dating virtually for a year and a half and it's the best 1000 dollars I have ever spent flying over there. It wasn't the romantic movie kind of running towards each other, it was more clumsy like, me looking for my luggage not seeing that he was right next to me holding up a cute sign he made for me But everything after that was just perfect. As soon as we looked at each other we knew we were going to be amazing together
    3 weeks went by way too fast, his family loved me and Lord did I love them! And after some skyping with my mom in Belgium she bought me a king size bed and threw out my single one, got my room ready for the return and we booked my SO a ticket back on the plane, next to me cause we realized n'either of us was ready to say goodbye yet At the airport in VA we still cried though cause I hated saying goodbye to his mom and she hated saying goodbye to me. My SO stayed in Belgium with me for a good 2 weeks and then had to go back. Back then, that was the hardest thing I'd ever done, having to watch him leave, I collapsed in the airport departures hall. Little did I know then, that the next time would be even harder.

As soon as he landed back in VA, we started making plans for a second trip. Since we were both still students we didn't have a lot of money so the next time we saw each other was on October 20th of 2014. My SO came back to Belgium for a month and we had the time of our life. Like I said, saying goodbye then was way way harder than I'd ever imagined and up till now thinking back brings tears to my eyes. We made each other the promise that if either of us hadn't gotten their ducks in a row by March we'd kick the other in the butt!
    It's March now and he's graduated, I'm taking my first exam in a week from now. We've saved up quite some money and he's working in a lab as a chemist/biologist. We're engaged filling out our i-129F form so I can move to the USA under a K-1 fiancé visa, we're looking for a house to buy in VA and getting married.

I'm so ready for my life to start And although missing him hurts like hell each day, I'm the happiest, and luckiest girl in the whole world.
    Met online: Somewhere before the summer of 2012.
    Mutual interest: june, july 2012.
    Official:August 2012.
    Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

First met: I visited him in VA, USA. Jan 7th 2014.
    Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.
    Third time: He came back to Belgium on October 20th 2014.
    Plans: Moving to the USA and getting married end of 2015.

Aw! This story is so cute

It is so nice that you were able to meet a few times! That just makes me so excited to meet my SO, hopefully this summer. Happy for you two! c:

Comment

Hopefully you guys will, too! It's crazy though how "similar" we are, same amount of miles apart, and our relationship started at the same time too You should definitely keep me updated when you guys are planning to meet!
      Met online: Somewhere before the summer of 2012.
      Mutual interest: june, july 2012.
      Official:August 2012.
      Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

First met: I visited him in VA, USA. Jan 7th 2014.
      Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.
      Third time: He came back to Belgium on October 20th 2014.
      Plans: Moving to the USA and getting married end of 2015.

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I like to read success stories for hope and encouragement.

Good luck and happiness to you both!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimaca View Post
          Hopefully you guys will, too! It's crazy though how "similar" we are, same amount of miles apart, and our relationship started at the same time too You should definitely keep me updated when you guys are planning to meet!
          I definitely will!

Comment

Aw, thanks for sharing! It IS romantic playing shooters together - lol...ok maybe I'm bias 'cause that's how I met my bf.

So glad things are working out the way they are supposed to! There is no better feeling than truly being in love. Enjoy every thing about it!
            "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
            We became a couple in April 2014
            Our lips first met August 8, 2014
            Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
            Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
            We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
            Our "spring break" in March 2015
            Summer fun - June 2015
            DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
            QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Working...
            X