Ldr break up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ldr break up

After 2 months (almost 3) I broke up with him. I couldn't take it anymore. I had a lot going on between school & home. & I would get out late & I wouldn't talk to him as much. He lives in South Carolina. & I live in Texas. He's an hour ahead of me. & rn I feel really bad. Like it's almost been a full week. & I know it seems short but it seems like forever to me. I want to text him to see if I can get him back. But idk what to say & im really scared. What if he won't answer.? I'll feel stupid. Please help thank you xx

It's really hard to break up with someone when you both still very much have feelings for each other. It's also completely okay to not be able to handle an LDR. Take a couple deep breaths, and try to calm down. I'm gonna try to give you some general advice since I don't know how he handled the break up or what he may have said in general towards this situation.

There are a few things you need to consider:
    -Are you actually capable of enduring the same things you were enduring before? (school/home stress, lack of communication etc.)
    -Does he actually want to get back together?
    -Would you consider just being his friend?
    -Could you handle it if there were times where you simply couldn't talk to him at all?
    -Could you handle possibly losing him from your life for good?

LDRs are hard, and they take a lot of work. If you're still in school, you're still going to run into problems. There are definitely going to be times where you can't talk to him as much as you want to. You're going to go through rough patches, and you're going to get stressed out. And it really sucks, because you miss each other on top of it all. If that sort of relationship isn't right for you, then that's totally fine. It'll suck, but if you can't do it, you can't do it.

I think what you need to do is allow yourself to calm down, tell him that you want to talk about it, and ask if that would be okay with him. If he says no, then just wish him well and let it go. If you do talk about it, talk about everything that you're/he's worried about, how you're/he's feeling, and whether you two think you could try it again and make it work, or if it would be better to just let the relationship go. Be completely open and honest with each other. If you two DO end up trying again, please keep in mind that you run the risk of a very messy second break up, and run the risk of losing him even as a friend.

But before you even approach him, do a little soul searching and think (rationally/logically) about whether you are actually capable of doing an LDR. It's important to think critically about it, because you really don't want your feelings clouding your judgement. Also keep in mind that the things that caused you to leave him are very common themes in LDRs.

I don't necessarily condone getting back together, because I'm worried that you might lose him completely. I do, however, think clearing the air might give you both some closure.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Working...
    X