True Love is Real-My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Love is Real-My Story

Oh finally a place to put this. And finally some time to do so xD There's always a 'short' version to our story and a long, somewhat complex version, and I can finally rant all I like, lol.

So I always say there are 3 people responsible for my relationship today. The first is my brother, because he got me into video games. In doing so I became addicted to a game in particular (starfox if you must know, haha) and I made this guild thinggy on neopets for it. There was this one member who said he was apart of a roleplay website and he invited us to join, so I did. He was the second person responsible, because on that website was my SO, who just happened to be in charge.

Now I wasn't really all that active in the roleplaying section of the site, I just liked to chat with everyone. My SO had made somewhat of a recommendation that we all get each other's msn's so we can keep in contact if we had a question or needed help. And thus the msn days began. Though then, when I first met my SO, he didn't always have internet. Like he would get on about 4-5 times a month. So whenever he would get on it would be a big deal, lol.

Eventually though, maybe about 2-3 months, he did get internet to a point he was on everyday, woot. In some weird confusion, one of my msn friends, the 3rd person responsible, "married" my SO and I together. It was strange, but we decided to have fun with it, kindof lol.

As a side note, at this time my SO had NO intention of ever falling in love, getting married, settling down, etc. He thought it was a waste of time. So you know, just a side note.

With being in our "marriage" we felt we needed to talk on a daily basis or something. We even had "children" and a "house", it was like our own made up world together, it was pretty fun. But it was only supposed to be for fun. Our "marriage" actually sparked other "marriages" over our msn buddies, haha.

Anyways, I'm ranting, let me cut to the chase. At the end of August in 2008 I went into a relationship, a CD one. One with a guy who I had a crush on for YEARS. So I was set in that area, or so I thought. I never told my ex how I was in an internet "marriage" though, I mean it wasn't considered cheating then, it was just harmless fun. Y'know, I'm the wife, you're the husband, go cut the grass and buy me a puppy type of thing, lol.

Anyways months go by in these conditions and things were pretty stable, except two little things I didn't realize until after I fell in love with my SO. Around Christmas he was busy doing things for hours and hours and hours, and I remember myself sitting there waiting for him, missing him so. And when he did get back on, oh the joy I had, I felt so happy with him around. And the next thing was in January, when we got our "divorce". I tried to move on with other people, but it really just wasn't the same. So we got "married" again, and our bond was stronger than ever. That's when things started to get a bit...real.

April 1, 2009 changed everything I knew. It was the day after my birthday, so it was a day for "presents" to be given. The first thing that happened was my ex had came over, and we kind of did...adult things. Whoa. Then that night my SO gives me his gift which is our "honeymoon." You can see where this is going. But we did...internet adult things. Double whoa. This created a MASS amount of confusion, because that day was when I consciously began having feelings for my SO. And the next day he was acting...different. Like as SOON as I signed on he greeted me and just seemed brighter in a way. We did have a talk that day about him feeling bad about stepping in my ex's metaphorical territory, but neither of us wanted to stop, so we didn't.

As for the confusion, I "loved" my ex, but I also loved my SO. And this love was different, it was on my own. You see, with my ex, he said those words first, and he was really waiting for me to say them back, so i did, somewhat by force and it ment nothing. And I had convinced myself I was in "love" with him, but in reality I wasn't. The love with my SO was real love and I didn't wan that to get away from me.

So one night I finally became brave enough to tell him that I loved him (after looking up definitions of love). And of course he felt the same, which he didn't have to say because his actions told it all. We were confused at that point, because we didn't even know how it was possible to fall in love over the internet. But we did, and I had a choice to make...to break up with my ex or not.

Well, you can see what I chose, but it wasn't pretty. He was VERY upset about me breaking up with him, like he said he passed out in the hall, and he called me on the phone crying. I really didn't want to hear that, I'd never broken up with anyone so that was already hard enough. The fun part was that I had to go to school for another two months, and he had the same lunch with me, every single day. I remember this one girl trying to get us back together, she was so annoying, I hated it. School was somewhat of a nightmare those last two months, I just wanted to be with my SO and not deal with my ex and his friends trying to get me back to him. But I eventually got thru it, and in the end I have no regrets.

My SO and I have known each other for over two years and have been in a relationship for 1 year and 5 months now. We had our first visit last month, which was incredible. Unfortunately the next visit won't be until next summer, but we'll manage. We've had our ups and downs, but in the end true love will conquer.

Aww!!!!!! Adorable story!!!

Comment

Wow congrats! Such a long time not to see one another. How far is the distance?
      First date: 12.27.09
      Started the distance: 6.10.10
      Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Oh, we're 2200 miles apart. I'm east coast US, he's west coast Canada. He doesn't have a job as of now and I barely have a job (going all to school mostly) so visits are hard to do as of now. But hopefully it'll get better once he gets a job

Comment

Great story!!! Thanks for sharing!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
          X