Larysa and Simon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larysa and Simon

As for mi amor (my love) and I, I was on an online dating site (bbpeoplemeet) and neither one of us were a paying member at the time. I was trying to get clever in giving out my screen names for instant messengers because you have to pay to talk to anyone. Soooo. I did a picture caption of my Yahoo SN. He was smart enough and thought on the same wavelength as I and was the only guy to get my clues! I was chatting to another guy I had met and was so interested in and then he popped up on my Yahoo IM. We began talking to each other almost everyday, when we could because of our time difference…8 hours. I kind of forgot about whoever I was talking to because there was just something natural about talking to Simon ( even though he was really shy at first!) We both had to make sacrifices to stay up late into the night or get up early in the morning to talk. And it was only 4 months into talking, that we joked about me coming to visit him. Well consequently, the joke turned into reality, and I flew 4500 miles to Ireland in December 2008. I was on my last plane ride to Ireland and I was nervous as hell, but then getting off the plane....I wasn't like nervous at all. OH MY the first time I was able to hug him was amazing. I loved it. I was there for a week and for New Years. On my second to last day I went to his town and spent the night at the bar while he was working ( him buying me drinks and all lol) That night, we walked home at 4am and it was so cute he asked me to sleep in his room with him ( I was staying at his parents house). We spent from 4am till around 9am...in and out of sleep just laying and cuddling it was so nice! Needless to say extremely tired! The last night we went back to Dublin to my hotel and that night I asked him to stay the night. again a long but very good one. That night we had gone to a mall and he bought me these lil hair clips and gave them to me in my hotel room. It was soooooo hard to say goodbye and that is when we decide "officially" boyfriend and girlfriend". After the first visit,we have flown back and forth since. He has visited in summer of 2009 for 3 weeks, January 2010 for 4 weeks, and lastly May 2010 for 2 weeks. I have made trips back to Ireland in November 2009 for another week, and June 2010 for 4 weeks.

It was a big decision for both of us to start the process of the K-1 Fiancé visa, but realized that if we wanted to spend our lives together, this long period of waiting is what we had to do. We began gathering all the necessary documents for the visa early on. Since it has an expected journey of 6 months (if all things go as planned with the papers), we had a lot of ins and outs to get in order before filing. I (Larysa) was the one to be very diligent and organized getting everything arranged with Simons’ help of course! When Simon visited in May, it was to sign the papers and would sadly be his last visit until the visa was approved. We jumped right on signing the important papers, and having my parents (who graciously offered to pay for our filing fee) write the $455 check; got it out in the mail to the California Service Center (CSC). We sent our petition on April 28th, 2010 hoping to hear something from them soon and we did. On May 4th, 2010 we received our NOA1 (the first Notice Of Action…pretty basically stating it had been received), it wasn’t a huge step however one-step closer to our goal!

Simon took me up to Killarney, a town about 3 hrs away from Wicklow. He booked a 2-night stay at the Brehon hotel. When I walked into the room I was pleasantly surprised to see a huge bouquet of roses, with a card saying “I Love You Muffin xx” and chocolates. On my last trip to Ireland in June and after spending the day walking around the Killarney Park, we took a horse carriage up to Torc Waterfall, where we then went up some pretty scary stairs (at least for me and it was high up!) Once I made it to the top, with some much needed encouragement from Simon, there was an incredible view from the top and after taking it all in and after asking if we could go down because I was already becoming shaky being up so high, he told me there was one thing left to do. He got down on one knee and asked “Larysa Marie Mendivel, would you do me the honor of being my wife?” Of course I said, “Yes!”

I think I knew after only a few chats, that he wasn’t just like every other guy and knew after my trip to see him that I was in love. Even though we live 4500 miles apart, we try to talk to one another everyday but is hard with work and everything, and are planning to hopefully have him in Seattle soon! He has his interview September 21st @ 1:00pm! He should be here by the beginning of October!!

Yay congrats! Wow it is all coming together for you so soon!
    First date: 12.27.09
    Started the distance: 6.10.10
    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Comment

Yay! Cute story..its nice to hear the story. You are so lucky to see each other so much, you sound so in love. I hope all goes well with his interview!

Comment

aww this was a lovely story i got teary to hear such a love story from across the country. keep us updated! all the luck!

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

Congrats!!!
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X