• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Gamers. One Heart. Forever in Love <3 [Long]

Ages:

2008: Me - 16 Him - 15

2009: Me - 17 Him - 16

Currently: Me - 18 Him - 17 (He graduates next June! So excited!)

Prequel:

It was my 10th grade year, I was starting High School and my friends from Middle School were drifting away from me. So here I was, in a new environment with pretty much no friends except for one best friend. Being shy, I was having a hard time making new friends and I was becoming depressed. One day around February of 08, I was surfing the internet trying to curb my boredom and distract myself from feeling lonely. I came across a online MMORPG called MapleStory. I created a account and downloaded the game and I created my first character - Jezabella. I quickly befriended people and one boy was particularly nice to me. We became close friends but then he quit the game for some unknown reason. Within the same month of his disappearance I met another boy, Carlos. This is the story of how he became my boyfriend.

2008:

I met him May '08. I was 16 that year. We were in the same guild but I didn't talk to him much since I was shy. He though was very friendly and sociable within the guild and actively participated in the guild activities and was also very helpful and kind. On occasion some of the guild members would do a Party Quest called Monster Carnival. He and I were in this group of party questers within our guild and started talking a lot more and developed a friendship but it wasn't until a mutual friend of ours formally introduced us that we knew each others real names. Months passed by and our friendship grew closer and we started talking to each other on MSN about anything and everything. We soon became best friends. Around winter of that year I felt a slight shift within myself and saw him in a different light but paid no attention to it and from then on forward my feelings would grow.

2009:
    Around February of the following year me and him were playing a imagination game of sorts on MSN where I was a witch and I casted a spell on him, which was apparently a love spell. So we pretended to be boyfriend and girlfriend for about an hour due to this "spell". Once we were done pretending, I was kinda bummed because I was having alot of fun and rather enjoyed being his "girlfriend". His reaction was quite different. He was very embarrassed and suddenly shy and said that we shouldn't of done that. I was confused by this and questioned him why and he said because friends don't kiss friends. Even though him saying that bothered me for some reason I agreed but told him that him getting flustered about it was kinda useless since whats done is done. March came and he sent me a pic of himself on his own accord which surprised me since it was unexpected. I looked at the picture a lot without really thinking about it and soon realized that I was attracted to him but I couldn't put a name to the feelings I had that have been developing. Around middle of March, I was having a conversation with one of my online friends who was also friends with Carlos (she was the one who "introduced" us) and out of the blue asked me if I liked Carlos. I played dumb and asked her what she meant (Even though I knew exactly what she meant) and she said "Quit playing dumb, You know exactly what I mean" and reluctantly replied "Yes, I do" and that was the day I admitted my feelings to myself.

The Depression:
    So, I just admitted my feelings to myself. That sparked a depression because then I thought "I have these feelings but what if they won't be reciprocated?" I agonized on this one thought for about a good two weeks. Around this time, I got unlimited texting and was texting Carlos alot. One night, he was trying to make me feel better but wasn't succeeding. Out of frustration he said "Aww I would do anything for you Jamie, I just want you to be happy." Little did he know that him saying that gave me a glimmer of hope.

The Confession:
    On April 9th I was yet again texting him and he asked why I was depressed so I told him it was because I liked someone but that someone didn't seem to notice my hints. And he said that the boy who had my heart is a lucky boy and I said yes he was. He asked me to describe this boy and so I went to describe him. After my description, he still didn't get that it was him so out of frustration I told him that he's a fool and that he's the boy who has my heart and that I love him. He was quite surprised and said that he loves me too and would be honored to be my boyfriend. We became official on April 11th, 2010.

The Present and The Future :

Despite the distance, we are still going strong and plan on being together for the rest of our lives. Next June, He graduates from High School and will be moving to where I live. We plan to get married in a few years and have a family of our own I love him very much. He's my soulmate and I hope to have many happy years with him by my side. I couldn't imagine not being with him <3

Terms:

Guild- Group of players in an alliance.

Party - A group formed of players who will aid each other in battle.

Quest- A task or group of tasks assigned to players and upon completion are rewarded.

Party Quest- PQing for short. A quest that is performed while in a party. Cannot do Solo.

(Sorry my story was so long >.<)
    Last edited by DarkSolitary; September 21, 2010, 05:32 AM. Reason: I wanted to make the story flow better and add more details, plus a image.

First Met Online: May 08
    Became a Couple: 4.11.09
    First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
    Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
    Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

thank you for sharing your story!!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome and thank you for sharing. There are quite a few gamers on here. Everyone brings different experiences to the site and there are wonderful people with helpful advice.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! It was super cute!

Comment

Working...
        X