My very bumpy and complicated story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very bumpy and complicated story

Note: I'm just going to refer to my S/O as her/she here so as to not reveal her name

Anyway, we met on a language exchange website in April 2013. I mentioned on my profile about how I was autistic, and this got her to message me as she was autistic too. I'm English, she's French, so close, but still a sea separating us

Our conversations were normal at first, but I started to feel some kind of attraction to her. After a few weeks, she was considering leaving the website following something that happened with another person. I told her to stay because I didn't want to lose contact with her, and from then on we became a lot closer, like best friends

I started falling for her, and though I didn't know it, she was falling for me. But neither of us communicated our feelings (and I was too afraid to ruin our friendship). I began to assume she wasn't interested in long distance when I saw her say no to guys trying to flirt with her online, so I tried moving on, whilst maintaining my friendship with her. Once I thought I liked someone else, she stopped talking to me for a while to get over me (at this point I was still not aware of her feelings)

Time went on and we resumed our friendship. She got a boyfriend and I thought I was over her. We became close friends again and revealed how we used to have feelings for each other, to both of our surprise. And we supported each other from then on as best friends

About 2 years after that, I thought I had feelings for someone else, whilst simultaneously realising I still had feelings for my friend. But I kept it secret, she was happily in a relationship and I respected that. So I knew I had to move on

Unfortunately, her relationship ended badly because of something the boyfriend did. And at the same time, she was starting to get jealous if I did things with other girls in person, which made me suspicious. But my priority then was to just help her recover from the break up, and be there for her, I had NO plans to tell her of my secret feelings

But surprisingly, she revealed that she still had feelings for me. I told her how I'd felt the same, but understood that she wouldn't want to date at that time
    After that though, we slowly started flirting with each other, and basically acting as if we were in a relationship, but without an official name. We agreed to meet in person before making things official, to see if our feelings would be the same in person

We met in January this year and instantly made it official. It was the most magical 3 days of my life, and we've been happily in a relationship ever since. We'll be meeting again this summer, and have agreed to always communicate, to avoid any misunderstandings like way back in 2013

Hope things continue going well for you both. Thanks for sharing your story.

Comment

Working...
    X