Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Secret LDR

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share our story with you as a newbie.
    Our story begins about 4 years ago when I first met my SO at university. From that first time we met I honestly felt there was no one else I could be more comfortable, open and myself with. He had me crushing hard from that day till today. He has a big heart, but our main problem comes from him not being able to open it up and express himself fully. We were never really supposed to be a match, he is from a religious family with many expectations in the Middle East and I am from a family that is a lot more open and accepting in the West. We were from opposite worlds, but we were like magnets. Through all the ups and downs we have always found our way back to each other.
    We broke up 2 years ago, not from a lack of love, the distance just didn’t work out during summer break, but we have come back together 2 years later to give it one last shot. If it’s meant to be, it will be, I say. If we can get past all the obstacles we have yet to be faced with, I believe it is the kind of love that will last a lifetime.
    Aside from the love we share and how happy we are when we are together, the relationship is not free of challenges. One of the biggest being I am a secret, his family does not know that we are dating...and I don’t think they’d approve of it if they did (to do with expectations of course). Seeing as he finished uni and had to go back home to work at his family’s business, this is a real struggle, because they have no idea that he has someone thousands of miles away who is waiting for him to come back. I understand his situation, but it does mean that questions such as ‘when are you coming to visit’ or ‘when will we close the distance’ are left hanging in the air.
    All in all it’s great being in love, but the upset from being apart can definitely be exhausting.
    I tell myself it will all be worth it in the end, no matter how things go, no matter if we get through it or not, we gave it another shot and who can really fault us in that.
Working...
X