My Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Love

I was just out of school - an 18yr old when i first met him in aug 09. He had come to stay in my city for few months and learn cause there werent any good institutions back in his place. We are from India and his place is 450 miles away from mine. It was in an orientation program that i first met him. We were together for 5 days and nothing happened then other than us just exchanging numbers. I had learnt in a girl's school and never been around guys that much though i have a bro who is much older. I had never been in a relationship before as well. When i met him he had a girlfriend but she had moved to another city.

A few days after exchanging numbers we started texting and we couldnt go through a single day without that - he became my best friend. Slowly we started talking and it extended to very long hours late at night. We used to stay awake for a long time just talking for hours together. I knew he wasnt in love with his girlfriend or neither she with him.She was just using him back then. . I was totally confused cause falling in love is not accepted in my family. But i couldnt stop talking to him. One day in nov 09 we both got to spend some time together alone. On the way back i spontaneously rested my head on his shoulder and he held me in his arms and we were like that the entire ride back home. I could feel his heat and started questioning my feelings for him.

Finally one night in dec 09 he told me that he thought i was in love with him. I asked him why he thought so and he told me he just felt that way and confessed he loved me too. But we couldnt do anything about it cause he was with that other girl and he felt guilty that he was dumping her for his own happiness.After a few days we went to the beach together and shared our first kiss. It was just so perfect and so natural. After that our feelings for each other became stronger. He then came to know that his ex had been cheating on him for a long time ever since she moved and they broke up.

He again told me his feelings and we became an official couple. It wasnt easy for me to get out of my house to meet him cause my family is very traditional but still i managed to sneak out once in a while to see him.Things were getting better for us but then it was time for him to go back to his place . When we were apart i trully understood that we were in love and i needed him badly. I cant make it through a single day without talking to him. We were deeply in love and couldnt stay away from each other. It is not easy for us to meet cause he cant come to my place that often and me going to his place is out of the question cause my family wont let me.In feb he managed to come to my place again and i wont forget that moment we met. We hugged each other and when he held me he told me that he had never felt this way for anyone before and this was the first time he fell in love and we just stood holding each other for a long time. .He told me to marry him when the time was right. We saw each other again in may then again in august he came to my city to learn. That one month was the best time of my life. I had already attended those classes he was attending but still i would go to class everyday just to be with him. Class starts at 6 in the morning.. i have to wake up at 4. After class everyday i have to work from 9 . It was really tough for me but till everyday i used to go there to just see him.. we couldnt talk that much but i used to look forward to those two hours evryday when i would just know he is near me and touch his hand with my little finger throughout .. to make sure it is not a dream. He again left after a month and now we are apart again. I dunno when we would meet again.

This being on one side im losing my sleep thinking about my family. In India marriages arent about individuals. It is about two families coming together. Everything is so different from the west. Children stay with parents till they marry , arranged marriages are the norm , male children take care of their parents till they die , parents stay close to their children and children ask for their opinion in everything. I cant risk losing my parents cause my bro fell in love with a girl whom my parents consider ''inappropriate'' cause of her upbringing and stark contrast to my family. They were devastated but still they agreed to his marriage. Relatives talk ill of us, make fun of us.Everyday i see my parents crying.One day my dad told me that he wouldnt be able to handle it if i were to do the same.They made me promise i wouldnt fall for anyone. My dad has done so much for me , sacrificed so much for me and i cant imagine how much this would hurt him.

I cant break up with my guy either. I love him too much for that. I need him. On many occasions ive cried thinking about how much he loves me. He accepts me as i am and understands me so perfectly. I really love him and cant imagine being with someone else. He knows me inside out . He is my soulmate i love him so much that i get frustrated that im not able to see him to express what i feel but the beauty of our relationship is that he understands everything , there is no need for me to express what i feel. He puts up with everything i do , my temper , my whining , everything . Once when i was with him i broke down and started crying thinking about my what my dad told .. he just wiped my tears and told me that he felt bad that he came into my life because it made me cry like this..that was the most selfless comment.. even though he loved me more than anything he felt bad that it made me cry.he then told that since he had met me and come into my life, he cant let me go cause he cant imagine living without me. He told me i gave him a kind of happiness he had never known before.

I dont know if you would understand my situation. Ive cried myself to sleep many nights. I dont know if my parents would even agree for our marriage. I cant go against them but i want my guy also :'( And my guy is also not near me :'(

Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story. So beautiful and heartfelt. I am so sorry for the struggles you are facing. I can't imagine your pain...This community is a great one with many people that are here to help and support!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome And thank you for sharing such a beautiful story!

Comment

thank you for your kindness

Comment

Working...
        X