Lauren and Dave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lauren and Dave

Hello all! ^^ Complete newbie here and I've always wanted to share my LDR story with people who understand. So here I am =)

I am 18 years old and my boyfriend, Dave, is 23. I met him when I was 16 and he was 21. We met on an online RPG (roleplaying game) called Pi Story (now closed *tear*) I really hate telling people how I met him because they just look at me weird that I met him on a game. Since the typical way nowadays is meeting at bars and clubs, you know? But both of us are not like that haha We're both very anti-social and like to be indoors rather than out having fun with friends. I love that about him, I'm the huge jealous type so if he were the type to go to parties, I don't think we would last. I would be so paranoid about other girls

The first 6 months were rocky. He wasn't committed to anything and didn't like to talk about his love for me because he wasn't sure since we hadn't met in real life. That upset me so we always had arguments about it. He says I fell too fast and was rushing lol Maybe, but I couldn't help it. He's of course, the more responsible one in the relationship. But I take risks and this one turned out great, so far =) In April of 09 I finally went up to NY to meet him. My mom drove me actually, since I was only 17 and didn't exactly have my license yet. I was so nervous! And when he came out to greet me I was shocked by how HUGE he was I knew he was tall, (6'4") but I was still stunned hehe He towers over me since I'm only 5'3. So we hugged each other and my mom and his dad got introduced, blah blah, got a tour of the house. Honestly it was quite awkward the first couple of hours being there since I'm so shy and have never had a boyfriend before him. So I wasn't sure what to do. But we took a walk around his neighborhood and talked and I got more comfortable. We watched a movie together also and I really enjoyed that ^_^

Out of a whole 2 years of being together, we have only seen each other 3 times. Over a 4 day weekend time span. So we've only been together physically for 12 days :P But we talk on IM every single day and it's never boring. I love to tell people that LDR's are wonderful and make things better in a way because when you're not together and you miss them so much, the next time you see each other you'll cling and love on each other A LOT more than what you'd do with a close relationship. It makes them more interesting and less dull, than to see each other 3-4 times a week. That would be nice of course! But I am saying that it would get old after some years. Having distance brings us closer together. <3

Anyway, when we first met each other, Dave finally was able to say he was truly in love with me and had his love for me confirmed when we met in real life. He told me what made him realize he loved me was when he thought of me and caught himself smiling. Being a man and Dave, he has forgotten that detail now XD He forgets a lot of cute and sweet things he's done, but I of course remember them all :3

I love my LDR, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love my Dave and I don't care if he's over 350 miles away from me, I'd MUCH rather deal with that than to have someone closer. He's mine and he's absolutely perfect for me. No one could possibly replace him and be better. Not to me ;P

Thank you for taking the time to read my story! <33 There's obviously a ton more details about me and him, but that's the jist of it lols

Thank you for sharing your story! Very sweet!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thanks for sharing you story, it's absolutely adorable!

Comment

Sweet story

I know that initial awkwardness you talk about Me and Elina has to have a 2-3 hour drive in her car to get to her place from the airport and I guess I didnt feel awkward but you know..

Comment

Very cute story ^_^
          Thank you for sharing

Comment

Cute Story ^^ I always love reading stories about couples who met in games because its how I met my SO <3

First Met Online: May 08
            Became a Couple: 4.11.09
            First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
            Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
            Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Working...
            X