Emily and Lachlan - the GOOD side of Farm Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emily and Lachlan - the GOOD side of Farm Town

Hi everyone! My name is, as opposed to my username, Lachlan.
    I already introduced myself earlier today on these forums but didn't really explain too much about my current relationship.

First of all, I'll give some background information.
    In my 19 years of being alive (not very long is it?) I've been bereft of any form of romantic relationship, what's more no girl seemed to take any iota of interest in me. This is probably to do with my introverted nature....and general social awkwardness
    I was diagnosed this year with severe depressive disorder and generalized anxiety and am being treated for both. One of the reasons for this depression is *most likely* the fact that I've been lonely for so long, and started thinking negatively.
    Now, don't get me wrong I tried to pursue relationships. One girl I asked twice and was rejected twice, another completely ignored me and the rest...well...I never mustered up the courage to ask!
    In the middle of the year, around July/August I rekindled an interest in a girl I had a crush on back in year 9 at school. She's currently on an exchange trip overseas and the hope was that I could strike up some sort of interest and, by extension, enter into a relationship with her when she returned to Australia.
    Also around this time I was becoming increasingly reclusive and lonely...so I turned to playing online games - in particular Farm Town. Now...I HATE farm town. I never played the 'game' part of the game, only frequented what is called the Inn and chatted with various people. My original intention for farm town was to troll! But then I met some really nice people and couldn't do it - and besides, no one likes a troll.
    So...while I was still interested in starting something with this girl from school (I actually sent a letter to her not long before playing the game) I met she who is now my girlfriend on farm town! We started inputting into various conversations, talking to one another and generally becoming friendly with each other. We found that we shared a lot of interests, values and whats more we would often say the same thing (promptly followed by both of us typing "JINX!") I eventually learned more about her. She lives in California, is a student (one year older than me) and wants to eventually stop human trafficking.
    I began to realise that I was going on farm town every day, anxiously waiting for Emily to come online. Eventually, I agreed to add her on facebook, and then Skype. Em said that she found Australian accents 'sexy,' and so I let her hear mine
    And then...I turned on my webcam...(I think she was impressed!)
    Days passed and we kept talking to one another, developing the friendship. Eventually Em confessed that she really liked me and wondered whether I'd be her boyfriend. I thought things through...searched my thoughts and feelings and found that they were mutual. I really liked her too!
    Em then proceeded to upload some videos on youtube of her singing...and I fell in love. The beauty of her voice, her looks AND the person she is captured me and I haven't let go. In fact I don't think I ever will.
    Both Em and I have expressed that we believe that we are to be with each other for the rest of our lives, that we are "the one" for each other.
    We continue to talk on Skype pretty much every day, our longest conversation lasting for around 10 hours!
    We started to plan a meeting with each other at the end of the year, but unfortunately financial problems got in the way...
    However - we're now looking at meeting in June next year during Em's Summer break, and she'll be able to stay for 2 months!
    So what'll be next? I continuously find myself asking this question. I've never been more committed, driven or optimistic about something in my life. This is going to work. I may sound naive or...whatever...but, I want to marry Emily some day. She is the love of my life. She is everything I could ever dream of and more...I constantly think about her and every time I spend time with her I'm in a state of bliss and awe. I'm so in love with her!

Anyway, that's our story! I hope you enjoyed!
    Feel free to question/comment

Cheers
    Lachlan (a.k.a fundamentalnail)
Working...
X