La Gringa y El Tico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Gringa y El Tico

After being rejected from a study abroad program in Chile, I went with a final, desperate option. Go to Costa Rica. Well I guess it's a damn good thing I did!

My roommate for the 8 months she was there was leaving for the USA and we decided to go out for one last hoorah at our favorite salsa club-- Castro's. My friend danced with all the guys, but I just didn't want to. Finally I told myself "the next guy that asks me, I'll dance with." Well guess who it was! My SO!

I was excited that he was so hot, and not some old guy. haha We danced all night and I let him kiss me, which I hadn't done before. I gave him my email thinking it would be a great way to practice my Spanish and maybe get in a little action with a really hot guy. haha

Well it went a lot better than that. We got along so well and he just really impressed me. Our 2nd date he took me out for my birthday and spent 100$ on the meal! Our last night together he told me "te quiero" which is like a step down from "I love you". We kept in contact when I went back to the states, but it wasn't anything regular. Just like a friendship.

I got in a really bad car accident a few months later, and he really helped me through it (via email and chatting). He was always there for me. I then bought my ticket back to Costa Rica. I tried to convince myself it was too see the country that I love so much again, and to see my familia. But I'd be lying if I told you the main reason was not to see my SO.

We had too much fun that week. We hugged, and kissed, and told each other we loved each other. Even then we wanted to keep an open relationship. We're both adults (young adults) and know that we have our "needs". I tried going out with other guys, and being active with them was, for the first time in my life, completely void of pleasure. That's when I knew I was really head over heels for this guy.

He's coming to visit in TWO WEEKS for Thanksgiving. He'll be meeting my family (who is siked to meet him) and we'll be making up for the lost time. Then, he's quitting his job, selling his car, and moving in with me in February. We'll see how it goes

Cute story! That's exciting that he'll be there for Thanksgiving

Comment

Very cute story! :3
      Even then we wanted to keep an open relationship. We're both adults (young adults) and know that we have our "needs".
      And finally, someone who gets me and my SO's view on open long distance relationships :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
      -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
      \

Comment

Nice way of meeting each other. I think the reason which put a smile on my face is that your family isn't arguing with you over the long distance or cultural differences Which is cool xD Kuddos to your family, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X