David and Kelsey <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David and Kelsey <3

On September 15, 2010, I met my best friend and the love of my life, David, on Livejournal.com. We were both in the same community and began messaging each other on aim. I was a senior in high school, waiting to get out of my parent’s house and off to college while David was a senior in college, taking his GRE and applying for graduate school. We had a common denominator from the very beginning of our relationship: The University of Texas at Austin. I had finished my applications at the beginning of August and awaited admission (which later came in October); however, David wouldn’t know anything until spring. We started to get to know each other around the fall. Chatting on aim progressed to Facebook friends which became texting buddies and eventually nightly phone calls. The first part of our relationship was quite bumpy and “awkward”. David was kind of rude. He had very little tact in some of the things he said to me, but I forgave him, excusing him as a “boy” or “drinking/drunk”, saying things he didn’t mean, whether they were compliments or not. One night, he admitted to having a crush on me, however, he had been drinking and I didn’t believe him. I played along though, hoping he was being serious.David seemed to go through texting phases. I’m very old-fashioned in the sense that the guy calls the girl first and I didn’t want to come off as forward, so I refused to text him. He would go from texting me all day till we fell asleep to not at all. I was highly confused around November/December, when he had been sweet the night before and the next day, it was almost as if he had disappeared. Our first phone conversation was also very…interesting. I think we “talked” (sat in silence, maybe two/three words here and there) for about 10 minutes before hanging up. I was kind of nervous that my shyness would drive him away, but no, he text me as soon as we got off the phone, and I felt a little more confident that everything was okay.Around Christmas, David had come to the conclusion that if he did not get into UT, there was basically no relationship. I agreed, but was kind of crushed. We had been talking around four months at that point and nothing was really boring. The whole texting messaging phase had passed at this point. He would continue to text me all day and some nights, we’d talk on the phone. David was starting to change…he was no longer rude and standoffish, he began to open up about his friends, school, family…things that made him David. I admired him for starting to open to me, and I began to do the same with him. We spent New Years on webcam, wishing we could spend it together.My birthday came and went and things were progressing steadily. I hadn’t really told my family about David or how we met. It’s not everyday you meet someone online that seems legit; someone you can actually trust without having met them face-to-face. It was somewhat of a shock to them when they found out, but gave me the choice to make my own decisions on whether or not to keep talking to him. So…I did.The first time I told David I loved him on January 30, 2010, he couldn’t say the same. It was kind of annoying. At that moment, I felt like there was nothing else I could do. I almost never picked up the phone to call him back, but, of course, I did. I couldn’t just give up a friendship, if anything. He had been a friend to me, listening to me upset about something my mom or brother did or something some idiot at school had said. I forgave him and figured it was too early and I could handle waiting, to see him face to face or whatever.From February to April, our relationship made extreme progress. Cards and mixtapes were being sent from Florida to Texas and vice versa. On April 2, 2010, I tried again. David and I were both having rough evenings, he was at a church group and I was with my mom, who just told me about some health concerns. I told David right away and he lifted my mother and our family up. To me, David was a person who not only cared about people, but those that people loved and cared about as well. I knew that right then I had absolutely fallen completely in love with this guy. On the phone that night, it took about 30 minutes to say what I had been waiting to say for months. And his reply? “Kelsey, I love you, and I’m in love with you.”After that, we began to plan when we would meet. We picked a date in June. I watched him walk across the stage in late April via a live webcast from his college. He got a job and I finished high school in late May, awaiting graduation on June 5, 2010. After that, we began counting down. On June 24, 2010, David and I met for the first time. It was like the movies! I called him when I arrived at baggage claim and busted through the doors and watched him turn around. He ran up to me smiling and it was the best first kiss/hug of my life. I will never forget our first weekend together, our first date night, movies….David and I have seen each other 3 times now. Though we’ve had some rough patches, he’s my best friend in the world and going a day without him wouldn’t be right. I think the key to falling in love and maintaining that love is that you can’t search for it; love is found in the most unexpected places, at the most unexpected time, and you just have to keep pushing forward until you get to where you know you belong…which should lead everlasting happiness.

Awee..that's such a sweet story.
    I'm glad you got past the rough part, I admit I was a little worried in the beginning!
    You both look very happy together, I wish you the best to come!

Comment

Thanks! He's my best friend and I love him to death (:

Comment

Working...
      X