Best Google Search Ever: Kyle and Stephanie <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Google Search Ever: Kyle and Stephanie <3

Okay, so I'm bored and I figured now would be the perfect time to write the story of me and the love of my life. I wanted to for awhile now, but never really found the time so, here goes:

I never used to be the most well behaved person, until Kyle came along. But thanks so one of my numerous ridiculously long groundings, I turned to the internet for any type of relief from the boredom that I had been so used to by now.
    I typed 'penpal' into google and signed up for the first site I click on. Interpals.com
    It is here that I will soon meet my best friend. Much to my embarrassment, at the time. I was one of those who mocked odd social networking like this, figuring that sites like these for purely for the socially inept.

After a few months of talking to random people and enjoying it, I began to feel comfortable with adding whoever I deemed worthy of conversation, and so I did. I came across a Canadian, and I still to this day think that the only reason I added him was because I liked the shirt he was wearing in his profile picture. It was a cute shade of green.

First message: “You look interesting enough.”

We went back and forth with messages for awhile, then exchanged MSN screen names. For the first couple months I had him on my friends list, we really didn't talk that often. And after going back through the logs months later, we found that I crept the absolute daylights out of him. I was always the one that messaged him first, and he basically became a little...diary of sorts, that sometimes answered my ramblings and sometimes didn't. I told him things I didn't tell any of my friends, just because I could. Extremely embarrassing things, that if I had known at the time the role this person would soon be taking on in my life, I never would have disclosed half of the information I did. Its up for debate to this day whether or not the fact that I was completely honest with him about these things was for the betterment of our relationship or not.

After awhile, he started responding, giving his input into the stressors of my daily life, and to my delight, confiding in me about some of his issues. He talked for hours, day after day, laughing and venting and comparing our similarities and differences. I crept his conversation in chatrooms and was just charmed by every thought of his that popped onto my screen. I found myself really honestly infatuated with a random Canadian, more infatuated then I had ever been with another person in my life. Especially my boyfriend​/worst mistake of my life at the time. That part of the story is so insignificant that it's not even worth talking about.

Looooooooooooooooong story short, we switched to texting which enabled us to talk 24/7 basically, and we did. I lost a lot of sleep those months, but I could not for the life of me stop talking to him for a second. I got ansy in the morning waiting for him to text me in the mornings due to the time difference and fell asleep with my phone in my hands each night. We got into a routine, and before I knew it, I was madly in love. Of course, I didn't know it yet.

It took me awhile to get a grasp of my feelings. I never met anybody in a long distance relationship, and honestly, I had no clue that these things were as common as they were until 7 months after the fact when I found this website. That being said, its understandable that I felt like a complete psychopath for what I had gotten myself into. I kept Kyle a complete secret from my friends, which was one of the most difficult obstacles for me personally. I was extremely close with my friends, and I knew they would be upset to hear I hid something like this from them. That actually kept me from pursuing it earlier then I had. I tried to cut him off, I tried to ignore his texts but physically could not. The night I realized I would need to come clean to my friends and family was the night that we finally said I love you. It was a long conversation. I didn't believe that there was any way that this person could be in love with me from 3000 km away. At the time, the word love didn't even enter my brain. He spent a couple hours convincing me that he was in love with me. I made him define love, I forced him to explain the commitment he was getting himself into by telling me he loved me. It wasn't just a feeling, it was a promise. I was skeptical, and told him that I couldn't say it back, not yet. Of course, by the end of the night, we shared a mutual I love you, and to say that to a person and actually mean it was the most amazing feeling I had experienced in my life.

The next day, I told my best friend. She was a bit upset, but we talked it out and she was surprisingly accepting. I wasn't ostracized for loving a person I had never met. Over a course of about 2 months, we got around to telling everybody in our lives about one another (I actually have a recording of him telling his mom ) And we began to plan for our first meeting. Which went perfectly, not an awkward moment or hesitation. We were completely and totally natural and perfect for one another. It was the best 10 days of my life, that first visit.

This sealed the deal. Now, it is only a short 29 days until I get to spend another 16 days with him for Christmas and New Years. It has been planned that I will come back home with an Engagement ring.

Best google search ever.

aww such a cute story!
    It's sweet that you get to spend christmas and new years togheter
    I hope you'll come home with an engagement right haha

Comment

as do i

Comment

so cute good luck girlyy!
        I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

Haha, that's awesome. Yay Google!
          LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
          Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
          Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

That's awesome (oh and just a note it's actually .net just incase anyone wanted to check it out)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I love this story! I love the fact he was on your MSN for ages without any contact and it started back up again - sounds like fate
              Good luck with the next trip - hope you come back with some bling!!

Comment

aww... this is sweet!!

Comment

Wow. That is a wicked cute story !
                  Originally posted by Stephanieeee View Post
                  First message: “You look interesting enough.”
                  I also think that is the best "pick-up line" ever.

I hope your visit it GREAT

Comment

What a beautiful story!

Comment

I'm quite new to the site so I began searching through the stories and reading them. And yours is one of the sweetest around One thing's sure - Internet has its own mysterious ways of connecting people xD

Comment

This is the first time I'm seeing this story. Sounds exactly like mine! We met on interpals too, I sent him some weird message, later made him talk extensively about his feelings for me, hid it all from my friends and family until we decided on our first meeting... (:

Comment

Sweet story, thanks to Mr. Google!

Comment

Working...
                          X