Facebook CAN Be Your Friend! D+A = )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook CAN Be Your Friend! D+A = )

It was Jan, 24, 2010 when I received a Facebook message from D. This is the day it all began... This was the guy I had a crush on when we were 13 years old and he was in two of my classes in Jr. high. During high school, I still had a distant crush on him but looked at him as one of the popular guys that wouldn't DREAM of giving me the time of day. He moved away our Sr. year across the state.

Between then and now, he ended up getting married, had 2 kids and was going through a divorce when we started talking. She cheated and lied to him from almost day 1 of their marriage. We talked a LOT and I found out that he had a little crush on me back then too but was too shy to say anything to me. We also discussed his past marriage and he told me in detail how he was set on not failing with his marriage but when she decided she wanted out he felt like he failed. Even though I told him SHE was the one who ruined the marriage (and he agreed), he still felt like he failed. That was when I realized he is a VERY head strong kind of person who does not like to fail or feel like he's failing whatsoever......just like me!

As we continued to talk I realized how much our lives paralleled each other. We were raised pretty much the same way and our personalities are very, very similar. While this may seem neat at first, we have also run into situations where it hasn't been so convenient to be alike. Most people don't understand us when we are having an argument but I understand us perfectly. Finally, after what seemed like HUNDREDS of times explaining to friends how alike we are and how I get his way of doing things, friends began to back off on the whole judging issue.

In March he came down to visit me and things went SO well! I bawled when he left....I was a mess.....

This summer, he told me he loved me for the first time. He also asked what my goals were in life and when I told him all I basically had left was marriage he asked "with me?" I laughed and said yes! He smiled and said he wouldn't close the door on the idea. We discussed our kids and how his daughter is into bike riding and how would I feel if my daughter wanted to do something like that. We also discussed where I would like to move (he is a mechanic and has some job possibilities in various states).

However, as of this past fall, we have fallen into some sad territory We both have trust issues but his are more current and consistent that mine have been. This has led us into various arguments and harsh words Currently, things aren't as wonderful as they were at the beginning. We need to discuss and problem solve in which I am working on (he's not a very confrontational person and thinks actions speak louder than words when it comes to anything....) We have been on again, off again because of this. I hate it but hope that we get things cleared up soon.

I am also hoping to go up there to visit him in Feb. or in March. We both don't have a lot of money to just fly whenever...plus we have kids so that makes it a little more difficult. I am planning on moving back up north this summer but I don't know if it will be in my hometown or what. I hate uncertainty.....

Thats a nice story...:-) but yeah for LDR communication is very important. though it is true that action speaks louder than words, but i still think that communication is vital...I wish both of you the best!:-)

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story
      I'm sorry to hear that things aren't as good as they usually are..but keep your chin up, work to find a solution, and never give up! If it was meant to be it WILL get better and I'm sure you'll be seeing him in the New Year just like you planned
      Everything happens for a reason, there are many obstacles in LDRs that have to be figured out before everything can be perfect.
      Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X