Office Romance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office Romance

So I've already posted this in my blog, but I'm seriously procrastinating so I thought I would rewrite it here. It's super long...sorry.

THE MEETING:

Nothing spectacular. A group of us would eat outside for lunch, and he was part of it. There was also a group of us who would play ultimate after work, and he was part of that too. I noticed him, he was funny and nice and definitely cute. But I knew he was only here for training so I didn't pursue. Yet.

THE BEGINNING:

Okay, so I REALLY noticed him. And there's nothing wrong with a little harmless flirtation right? So I talked to him a bit more, and lent him my waterbottle at ultimate when he forgot his and told him he could give it back at work the next day.

THE EMAILS:

He wasn't in work the next day, so he emailed me to let me know. Which started a trend of sending conversational emails throughout the day.

THE FRIENDSHIP:

Now we started hanging out, mostly with groups of friends but sometimes just the two of us. It was, comfortable. We could talk for hours on end without running out of things to say, and had the exact same sense of humour. We watched movies, went to see the fireworks, had dinner...it was a great time. And sure, we flirted a bit. It's just flirting, right?

THE TEXTING:

It was obvious that we had to exchange numbers, just in case something happened when we were meeting up and were going to be late. After a movie one night he sent me a text to let me know he got home all right. Soon enough we were texting each other every night before we went to sleep. So now were were emailing during the day, texting at night, and hanging out as much as possible. The whole "friend" thing didn't really apply anymore.

THE (FIRST) AWKWARD CONVERSATION:

By now it was clear to both of us that the flirting was turning into something more. He invited me out to dinner, and I spent ages trying to find an attractive outfit that was appropriate for sushi. Just like a highschool girl with a big crush. We had a great time, and at the end of it he drove past my house 3 times because he was so nervous. Eventually he got up the courage to ask bring up how our friends had been egging us on, and managed to work it into the topic of us going out. I turned him down, flat out. Sure, I had a crush on him, but I didn't think I would handle a long-distance relationship well and he had been in one before and it really didn't work out. So we decided to just stay friends.

THE NON-DATING:

So we continued hanging out, but gradually out time together went from group outings to one-on-one "non-dates", as I called him. Because really we were dating in everything but in name. We were still emailing and texting every day, even when he went back home for a weekend. He would always be the one to drive me home. I even went to his place and he made me dinner, and he got invited to my house for dinner and met my parents (which, by the way, was the most adorable thing ever). I was at a loss for what to do. By now I knew my "crush" was getting pretty serious, but the distance scared me. I was sure he would go back and forget all about me and leave me heartbroken.

THE LAST STRAW:

We went to a nearby lake with a bunch of friends and were unseperable the whole day. I had never felt happier. He made me feel special and treasured and like I was the only girl he saw, despite the fact that we were surrounded by hot girls in bikinis. As I was driving home and we were both singing along to our favourite songs, I thought to myself "it's not safe for me to be alone with him anymore." I just wanted to pull over and kiss him like I've never kissed before. We hugged for the first time that night, through some unspoken agreement we had kept away from anything physical. But it felt right and it felt good.

THE SECOND AWKWARD CONVERSATION:

He texted me later and asked if he could call, but I needed time to think so I told him we could talk the next day. I spent hours racking my brain. My heart said yes, but my head said NO! I have serious rejection issues, if he left and ditched me right away I would be devestated. But eventually I realized that I was going to be heartbroken when he left anyways. So the next day I told him I wanted to try, which really suprised him but he was happy to try too. Our first kiss I was so nervous I actually missed!

THE TRUE BEGINNING:

No one was suprised. We didn't do a good job of hiding our feelings . The transition from just friends to more than friends was a bit awkward at first, but it got better in no time. Throughout our last weeks together in the same city our feelings grew, and were in love by the time he left. And it's been going strong ever since. We've already had some ups and downs, but it's still worth it and he still cares.

So that's the story! If you got to the end of this, congrats. This is one long post. Have a cookie.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
    -- Anonymous

aww nice love story...im glad you give it a try!wish everything the best in your relationship..:-)

p/s i get to the end of the story!:-D

Comment

Soooooo cute :-) I wish my story were as interesting...well its interesting but ours was two years in the works and then almost ended even though we were really attracted to each other because he couldn't deal with the distance...perhaps I will share it some time.

Comment

Working...
      X