Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The One

Here’s our story:
    We met through comments on YouTube. We both loved a certain singer, so she sent me a friend request as that was what all of us fans did. I didn’t think much of it at first, because after all I received requests daily. But, something about her struck me. I knew she was special.

Her and a couple of other girls and I formed friendships over comments, messages, and streams. When we all trusted each other enough, pictures were exchanged. That’s when I saw her. I was awestruck. I considered myself straight, but this girl…she was beautiful. I loved her hair, her eyes, her baby face, everything about her gave me butterflies. I felt inferior compared to her. Months passed and our friendship grew.

She gave me her phone number and we talked daily. I was mesmerized by her voice. We became best friends, getting into arguments, sharing secrets, talking for hours, you know, typical girl stuff. I had a boyfriend, but I knew that I was infatuated with her. Her and I connected so well. I longed for her. I longed to touch her, kiss her, make love to her. I found myself looking at her Myspace pictures, dreaming about her, and crying all the time. I confessed my feelings, but she didn’t reciprocate. I was so embarrassed and hurt, but I tried not to let it show.
    In 2009, I found out I was pregnant with twin girls. She wasn't happy about it, but she stuck around when no one else wanted to. It was a happy occasion, yet she was always cold. She seemed distant and upset during most of my pregnancy. I was confused at her behavior, but I backed off.

Things with my boyfriend were also no longer working out. We broke up several times, and each time I realized how strong my feelings for LC were. I was in love with her. No matter how cold she was, I loved her with all of my heart. My feelings terrified me, so I did my best to keep them to myself.

But, on December 31st, 2009 things changed.
    Her and I were emailing when we somehow ended up on the subject of my feelings for her. She asked me “Do you still love me?” Shocked and embarrassed, I lied. I felt terrible for lying to her, but I just couldn’t handle rejection. That night on the phone, something was off about her. She didn’t talk much and when she did talk she sounded sad. The next day, January 1st, she finally confessed her feelings. I was skeptical at first, but she proved her love to me. After her confession, our friendship changed. We acted exactly like a couple despite not being together. We called each other a million pet names, shared our dreams for the future, and said I love you.

On January 21st, 2010, LC asked me to be her girlfriend. I was a whole mess of emotions. Happy, scared, surprised, skeptical, delighted, you name it! I joyfully said yes. Our relationship has been bliss since then. We’ve had our fights, problems, visits, and break ups, so I know that this girl is my heart.
    She’s the one.

Thank you for sharing your story. Love how you both loved each other for so long and eventually it all worked out!
    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Very cute story! Thank you for sharing

Comment

Cute story, so glad everything worked out for you two.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X