2010 Bonnie and Clyde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 Bonnie and Clyde

I am bored and do not want to to go to sleep yet. I haven't really disclosed any information about our initial meeting, and everything leading up to our relationship now - I just jumped right in to the current problems/joys instead! Ha. But I have been around a minute or two now, so I figure if anyone is interested, they can keep on reading.

In Aprilish 2010 I downloaded a new messenger on a whim. I was going through troubles in my life, with my friends mainly, and I thought it would be nice to escape for only a night or two in some chatroom. At first, I checked out the rooms that had something to do with my interests, but all of them failed me. The Minnesota room was full of people fishing for cybersex, or god knows what else. I went to a few others.. like Astrology - hey, I'm into it but, like before, it was all scamming robots or sleazy people.

I decided to go into Metal. Ha! If you all knew me personally, you would giggle at the very thought of that. Not my cup of tea. I have always been very girly, very into pop music and things like that. But, my thought process was that I knew these people would be interesting, and probably not completely illiterate so I figured what the hell. I was right. It was the only room that had any engaging conversation going on.

My SO, we will refer to him as Clyde, was in the room. He caught my eye because he had this bright red font, and red is my favorite color. After sitting kind of silent in the room and reading his contributions to the general conversation, I decided to private message him. I told him I liked his screen name, asked how he was, introduced myself, the works.

We had been having a pretty simple conversation for half an hour or so, until the subject came up of how my father is a comic book artist. This interested him and he asked for his name so he could look up his art and what not. I was totally not going to give this random stranger my dad's name! No way, Jose.

This offended him like you would not believe. And looking back on it, it makes me giggle because it is so like him to react the way he did. He said that if he wanted to hunt down and stalk or kill a pretty little blonde, he would do it in his own state, not 2500 miles away. He did have a point..

This pretty much killed any hope for conversation for the next month or two. I became busy with my social life, and didn't really go on as often as I used to. But, slowly but surely I began to go back on the messenger. Clyde was on my buddylist, but he was never online. I couldn't shake my curiosity about him. Something about him was special. That is the only way I can describe it. I left him an offline message, asking him when he usually was online. We finally crossed paths again one evening, and talked for a few hours. We actually argued about the subject of suicide and if it was worth it. He now says he liked that about me. My eagerness and desire to debate endless topics with him, with full conviction.

Again, the conversation began to lull over time, and we sort of lost contact. June 28th however, would change our lives forever, in the most odd way.

I was at home this day, extremely hungover from the night before out with my girl friend. I was laying on my couch, eating saltines and trying to force down water. Basically in a miserable hell. I was flipping through the channels, trying to find something to watch since I certainly wasn't moving from the couch any time soon. One channel was playing an old movie.. Jersey Girl. The 1992 one with Jami Gertz and Dylan McDermott. If you haven't seen it, the plot is basically about this Jersey girl who accidently hits this prominent business man's car. He is obviously angry with her, but she has a giant crush on him right away. She persists for days and days that they go out, and he finally agrees. They fall in love.

It instantly reminded me of my now SO. This intriguing man that I had terribly offended and who didn't want to talk to me, but I still couldn't get out of my head. I got my hungover ass up off the couch, and signed on to the messenger. ..There he was. I told him I had watched a movie, and that it had reminded me of him. He seemed greatly affected by this. (I now know he is a movie buff, and even though he hadn't seen that particular one before, he was impressed and a little giddy that I had thought of him.)
    He agreed to watch it with me online, and there I found myself, watching the movie for the second time that day. We chatted through the whole thing, and for hours and hours afterwards. We knew we had found something incredible.

We began to talk everyday, again, for hours at a time. Days seemed to pass so quickly, and turn into weeks. One day we were talking, and he told me he loved me. I had no question that I felt the same in return.

We sent each other videos, pictures, talked on the phone, etc. It just grew and grew. We mutually agreed at one point that we were now seeing each other exclusively, and I can not remember who exactly brought it up, but we both agreed we needed an anniversary. We picked June 28th, the day we watched Jersey Girl.

It has almost been 9 months now, and although it has been rocky, on and off, and I am not quite sure what our future holds, I do know that I love him, more and more every single day. On June 28th, we will watch Jersey Girl again together. I hope it will be physically side by side.

Anywhooo.. that's the story. If you read this far, you are a serious romantic! I tried to keep it as short as possible.

Awwww! That is such a sweet story! I'm glad it had a happy ending.
    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
    Made it official: September 17, 2010
    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
    Got married: November 21, 2012
    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

super cute!

Comment

I wish I could say it was still this cute. We are on and off every 2 weeks it seems like for the past 4 months or so. It was bittersweet to type this out, and re-live a time when everything was smooth sailing..

Comment

Working...
        X