Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memories

*Sorry this is so long.

I have always loved England. I went when I was a little girl with my family, but I didn't remember that trip. I was always fascinated with going back and remaking those memories. I never thought that I would actually get that opportunity, but I did.

My first year at university, I made a decision that would ultimately change my life. I decided that I wanted to do a semester abroad in England. I thought it would be fun and an experience I would always remember. During my first week there, I made friends with one of the girls there. We went out one night to celebrate her birthday, and she met a guy. They started going out and ultimately fell in love. In August 2010, she moved to England to be with him.

When she first told me that she was moving to England, I was so excited for her. I remember thinking that it was great, and she was so lucky. I asked her if it would be ok for me to go and visit her the week before university started again. She talked to her boyfriend (and I'm assuming his brother who lives there also) and said it was alright. I booked my ticket and started counting down the days.

I remember being so tired and hungry when I got to the little English town where my friend now lived (it's not London). I asked her if we could go get something to eat once we got my stuff to the house. She said yes and so we headed to the local pub, my friend, her boyfriend, his brother, and me. We ordered food, some drinks, and played darts. It was such a fun day! As time went by, I started noticing the brother more and more. The next day, I told my friend that I really like him. She said to do what I want.

I worked so hard that week to try to get him to notice, but he told me later that I didn't need to. He already had. Three weeks later on September 17th, I told him that I really liked him. He said that he liked me too. It was then that we made our relationship official. We have now been together for six months, and we are making new memories all time, both in and outside of England.
    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
    Made it official: September 17, 2010
    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
    Got married: November 21, 2012
    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Oh!!! That's super super sweet. I love hearing stories and compared to others yours isn't long at all haha! Who knew that the one decision would change your life, right? It's really amazing how everything works out in the end

Comment

It's so true! I never thought that making just that one decision would set into motion meeting the one I love. It's almost like we're meant to be. Thanks for reading!

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Comment

Ahh that is way cute! I love happy stories. And I'm way jealous that your SO probably has a freaking awesome accent! You're soooo lucky!

Comment

I love love love your story So cute and sweet!

Comment

<3 that's so cute! and i bet his accent was also a good reason to notice him :P

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

The kind of sad thing is that his accent wasn't what attracted me to him. I had spent a semester studying in England, and I got so used to it that it's really no big deal to me. Thanks so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X