"Accidentally in Love"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Accidentally in Love"

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now, but it feels like so much longer. He's in the United States Marine Corps and it's been one heck of a ride but how we started is the most amazing part of it all.

It was December 1st, 2009. I had woken up late after a rough weekend. The man I was in a relationship with had been deployed overseas in October. Before he left, he had cheated on me which had really made the stress of deployment even worse than it normally would have been. I threw on the first thing I found in my room, I was ten minutes late leaving my house and I didn't want to be late for class. I made it to the bridge where traffic was backed up right by the school.

I was thinking about my weekend and about how my Marine was doing overseas. I had been actively involved in the Marines for about a year because of my best friend, so I was use to the deployment and lack of communication. It was our five month anniversary and I hadn't heard from him so I was hoping that he was doing well. I had my sister and a neighbor in the car that morning and they were sitting in the back. I had stopped on the bridge and the car behind me had stopped.

I glanced up in my rear view mirror just in time to see the faces of the people in the car behind me right before they slammed into the back of my car. The impact caused use to bump the car in front of us and my two passengers got whiplash. I got out of the car, extremely ticked off and about to chew out the driver for hitting me when I saw that I was a part of a 5 car crash. I told my sister to go get the information of the guy who had hit me. She told me to do it, so I went up and talked to him, we exchanged licenses and he just starred blankly at mine for a few seconds before writing down the information.

The cops showed up and told us to pull into a neighborhood nearby. Everyone got out of their cars and we all were joking and laughing while the girl who caused the crash was upset. Her car was totaled, the guy in front of her was totaled, the guy behind me was totaled, I was fine, and the car in front of me was fine. I glanced at the guy who had hit me. I noticed he had a Marine Corps lanyard holding his keys.

"Don't do it," is the only thing I said about it. He asked me why, I said I'm dating a Marine right now who is deployed. He doesn't enjoy it and it's such a hard lifestyle on everyone including families. We started talking about it. I found out his name was Mike. We talked and talked while the cop printed all of our information out. It was really cold but we kept talking for a half hour while the cop dealt with the girl who caused the crash.

At the end of the ordeal, we said goodbye. We had exchanged names through our accident reports. I got home that evening after the crash and I had added him on Facebook. He messaged me while I was studying and said that I should check that back of my car for "scratches". I laughed, we chatted about the Marines again. We exchanged numbers and I told him if he had any questions about the military to let me know and I'd help him as much as I could.

We became really good friends. We hung out a ton and I helped him to decide that he was going to enlist. He had sent me a "sing-o-gram" during one of my classes to the song "Accidentally in Love" explaining that he had fallen in love with me. My Marine and I ended up breaking up in March of 2010 after we had realized that the feelings had died months before that. It was a good decision for both of us. Mike asked me out April 3, 2010. We went through a lot that year and he left for boot camp in October 2010. He graduated in January 2011, we took a break for a couple of weeks but we have made it through so much. Now we're still happily in love. It has been quite the adventure.

But needless to say, we are accidentally in love...

AWWW that is such a cute story <3
    I wish you so much luck, i think you're the only people that ever got something good out of a car accident

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

that is adorable.

Comment

super cute

Comment

Thanks Yes, haha I definitely got really lucky with that one. My boyfriend was even luckier according to his family. His car was considered totaled even though they fixed it easily at home, so he got a couple thousand and a girlfriend. Not a lot of people can say that!

Comment

Working...
          X