From 30min apart to across the country.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From 30min apart to across the country.

My boyfriend Josh and I have been together for over 4 years. We've been through a lot in the past, but our love has always held us together. There was a time he wanted to move out of state and "leave everyone behind" and I almost thought it was going to end. This time he has decided to go to school in Arizona (we live in Michigan), and its an 18month program with job placement, and he is probably getting a job down there. Funny thing is, this time around neither one of us even thought about ending it. As you all know, thats usually the first thing people ask is "how are you going to make it?" or "are you going to stay together?".
    At first I was upset, angry, and very anxious about what would happen. He seemed so excited to start this new chapter, but I was a wreck. Then i realized it would be selfish of me to not let him go achieve his dreams and make a career for himself. So I became supportive and have been helping him organize everything. We spent all of last weekend together and finally started talking about what would happen with us. We are going to make it work, there isn't any doubts, but it is going to be hard. I'm goign to check in on his family and keep in touch with them, and visit for a few days or week probably every few months. We usually see each other 1-3 times a week right now, and especially spend weekends together. It just so happens that starting in May I will have every weekend off of work, so it is going to be very weird to not have him around. His goal is to make a lot of money down there and get us a house if he gets a full-time job after graduation there. Then I come down and move-in and take my time finding the right place to work.
    He decided to move about 4 weeks ago, and he leaves for AZ May 27th. This is happpening pretty fast, but I just keep telling myself the sooner he leaves the sooner time will fly I hope. Our plans are to skype and text and talk when we can, and I'm definitel planning on doing the LDR activities on the site. As for right now, we know every moment is precious, so we make the most of our time together, and I pray everything worls out the way we hope it does. This support group on the website is going to be a big help to me when he leaves. It also just so happens one of my BFFs is also going to be going through a similar situation, so we vowed to get each other out of the house and get through this together. Everyone's stories on here are really going to give me hope, so keep posting and I will too.
    Hopefully I'll have pics of us up soon too...
Working...
X