4 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Years

I've been in an LDR for over 4 years. We both met online when we were 19, we're now 24. I'm from Canada, he's from India. It's an immense distance to overcome, I know. He's been trying so hard to come be with me. He even gave up his career for me, to focus on moving here. We've never met, but we do communicate daily. The pain and stress from this is extremely frustrating, and I'm just trying to stay positive that we'll be together soon.

wow thats crazy...welcome I wish you best of luck of you and your boyfriend closing the distance..
    " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
    Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I hope the two of you are able to close the distance soon!

Comment

Wow, that takes determination, to be in a LDR for so long and never meet in real, plus the cultural differences. Good luck!

Comment

I'm in a LDR for 2 years and 6 months with a person I never met.. We'll be seeing each other this Christmas. Stay positive! It'll be worth it

Comment

Thank you very much for all the warm thoughts, I truly appreciate them I hope everything works out for everyone as well. xoxo

Comment

Wow, it's so nice to see I'm not alone in the world. I'm also in an LDR of over 1000 miles and never met in person. It's so hard to stay strong, but hang in there, sistah!
              My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

That's unbelievable! That's a triumph of love over fear. Congrats on four years, thanks for being an inspiration and hang in there! You'll see it through!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story! I'm an American with a partner in India, but we met in person. Maybe you have already explored this, but if Canada's visa policy resembles America's, it will be much easier for you to a visa to visit him in India than vice versa. Best of luck and congratulations.

Comment

That is awesome- 4 years! I can't wait until me and my SO get that far!
                    And that's so sweet how hard he's trying to come there! I'm sure things will work out soon!
                    Best of luck
                    sigpic
                    We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
                    Second Visit-12.17.11
                    Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

Hey,

I know exactly what you're going through (in fact, I was just about to make a thread). Me and my boyfriend have been in a relationship for 3 years. Same deal. Met online, never met, and he's been trying to come up and visit me because I'm stuck up here for school---for personal reasons, I can't leave just yet. It's been really hard for the both of us, and I know it's been hitting him hard recently. I feel like I'm losing my mind. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got him upset at work today, because I've been depressed all day. Every time we plan for something, something more important comes up on his end that we don't have control over.

I just want to let you know, I feel your pain! *hugs*

Comment

oh my god!! This is amazing!! I hope you two meet soon! This has truly inspired me with my long distance relationship of a year and eight months of not meeting. Congrats!! Any chance you can give me some tips?

Comment

Thank you so very much everyone, for your sweet and warm comments I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that there are people out there who can relate to you when you need it most. I hope everything works out for everyone I havent been on here in quite a while, so I've been trying to catch up on so much. My SO is actually coming on Friday, so after 4 years, the wait will be over. I'm a bundle of raw nerves, any advice would be very much appreciated! xoxo

Comment

Working...
                          X