Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From a man to a woman - the whole story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a man to a woman - the whole story!

Hello,
    I already introduced myself elsewhere but thought I would share a bit more about me and my SO.

I have played an online roleplaying game for almost five years now, and over one year ago I started roleplaying with someone. This someone had some real life issues in their life and wanted to explain their inactivity in game. I was reluctant as I had always wanted to keep things in character without real life being included, but I gave him my MSN address. After he had explained and apologized for not playing anymore, at some point he quit playing for good and we never really talked in MSN apart the occasional "how are you?"

Then, one night last September I had had an extremely bad day and he was the only one online. I took all my issues to him and he was there and listened to me. Since that day we started to talk even more, and more, and more. Until it was Christmas time and we both seemed to have time for even longer chats. He still had some issues in his life and I wanted to surprise him, so I made him a gift I could send via e-mail: Rainy Day Letters, a document that held letters and fun for the moments he was feeling down for him to read. He said it was when his eyes really opened.

So somewhere between Christmas and New Year we started speaking on Skype (or he spoke, I listened - I have a fear of speaking on phone), flirting and we both realized we quite liked each other, and he asked me for an online date, confessing he has no idea what an online date is but that he still wants to take me for one. I of course, said yes, and I still remember how cute it was to listen to him asking me out being all nervous! Cute! We also started talking about seeing each other.

It was then when I realized things were going to a direction when I needed to tell something about myself. I had known almost all the time that I am 7 years younger than he is, but I hadn't told him my age because it was one thing I wanted to keep private. I sent him an e-mail, scared he'd freak out (to me 7 years isn't that much but you never know about someone else!) but no, instead... he told me he's a woman.

I thought it was a really bad joke and that he was just mad! I actually got angry but after a thorough talk I believed it... That the person was a woman and not a man. She told me she had always roleplayed a male character in the game we both used to play, and that she had no idea we'd get so close and just had let me think she's a guy too. So when she got the opportunity to tell me this, she did, as I had just confessed my age. I felt really stupid at first for not realizing it even from her voice (altough I had thought that the man sounded quite womanly, heh) but luckily for the both of us I swing both ways, and I recovered from this reveal in one day.

We started to plan she'd be coming to Finland (from Scotland) in May, but life got on the way and we both had some really stressful time in our lives that spring. Instead, I told her I was going to Scotland with my friend for a small fun trip in July. She asked to take me out for a dinner when I was coming there, and I said yes.

So I went to Edinburgh last Sunday. We were meant to see there only a few hours after my plane was supposed to land there, but my flight was delayed with nearly 4 hours and of course, she didn't get my texts. Just imagine how disappointed and angry she was when she finally managed to get her call through, being left alone in Edinburgh, thinking I had just dumped her... The good thing was though that this was the first time I properly managed to speak to her on phone, totally forgetting my fear when desperately wanting to explain. She suggested we'd just leave it to next time.

Then on Sunday night I e-mailed her, telling I could come to Glasgow (where she lives) on Tuesday. And thank earth she agreed to this! So we saw on Tuesday the 12th. I was really nervous and I honestly thought the date would just go to hell because of the difficulties with the flights and such, perhaps also thinking we just weren't meant to be because something always seemed to get on our way. But I really, really enjoyed the date - and so did she! She made me feel more comfortable than I have ever felt when first time meeting someone. I talked a lot more than we both expected (she knows I'm shy) and the whole evening just went so well. Afterwards she texted me she loved it!

Now she is planning to come to Finland on November / December... And I have a strooong crush on her. We really like each other, and we are not seeing other people. We're taking things on a good pace, but we're looking forward to year 2012, when my goal is to continue my studies there in Scotland. This was my plan before I had even met her. Thumbs up! The two of us are quite different people, her being religious and me being non-religious, but we get along very well and she's very easy to talk to and be with. I just really fancy her!

And thanks for having this place where I can share my story.
    "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Wow, talk about a big reveal - so glad it worked out for you both though!

There seems to be a lot of people from Finland on the site - pretty cool! (I'm not - just noticed its a trend!)
    Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Really, there is? I will have to get to know the people and the forum better. And thanks!
      "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

I think there's a group...def check it out!
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Talk about a shock! I'm glad it worked out though. It makes for an amazing story.

And my my, there do seem to be many a Finnish on this site, hey? lol my poor Canadian bottom.

Comment

Working...
          X