From neighbour to other side of the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From neighbour to other side of the country

Alright, so I just want a place to share my story. I think that might be for the best way to start.

I've never been in a long-distance relationship until now, and my boyfriend and I actually thought we were going to end things when he left. However, our love for each other has changed the way we feel about that. So, from the top!

He started out being my neighbour, and he's been my neighbour for over 5 years. I never actually talked to him until January 2011, but his mom and I would always chat out front. I even baby-sat their dog a few times when they went on family vacations. Anyway, we were both on plentyoffish sometime in December, both just looking for new people to hang out with. On that site they have this "meet me" feature where you can add people to a list of others you want to meet. Well he added me to his and because at the time I had no idea who he was, and he was cute, I messaged him back. We very soon found out we were neighbours and felt a little embarrassed with ourselves. Until we actually hung out we were both very shy whenever we saw each other from across the street.

January 28th we had our first hang out date. We kept it simple with just a few beers and ourselves. We ended up making out that night, and from there the sparks just few! We made our relationship official on February 13th when he took me on a date to Science World in Vancouver.

I knew he was leaving on July 5th for a program called Katimavik. It's basically a volunteer program where you get to travel to two different parts of Canada and learn about different communities and study French. He had applied for it over a year and a half ago and was accepted into the program late 2010. It wasn't until April that we found out where he was going. Newfoundland, and Manitoba. The program he's in requires him to stay 3 months in each town, so it will still be another 5 months before I can see him again. I just could not believe that of all the towns in Canada, he gets placed completely on the other side of the country.

Before he left we agreed that our relationship was just fun, and that when he left it would end. Well, that's not the case anymore. We are both in love with each other, but we are both terrible at doing long-distance. Him having a bad experience with it in the past, and myself never having done it before. What's more, he's busy a lot of the time volunteering, and the time difference doesn't help. I'm lucky if I hear from him more than 3 times a week, but he said I can message him whenever I wish and he'll get back to me as soon as he can.

Then, this morning actually, he told me that he's lonely and so he has a friend that he cuddles with. He says nothing is going to come of it and it's only because he misses me, but it still hurts.

Ugh, I guess that's my story. Still 150 more days to go until he comes home.
    Thanks to all that took the time to read this.

Welcome to this site, it will help you in these 150 days.
    I see how it can hurt you that he has a friend to cuddle, i sure wouldnt be happy about it!
    Anyway time will pass by, stay strong, and these 5 months will be over soon

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

150 days which with patience will pass in no time I've heard so many stories about 2 persons who lived close to each other for a long while and eventually ended up together. You never know what lies right in front of your eyes and that it's meant for you Life and its strange ways, hehe. Good luck with your LDR^^

Comment

Working...
      X